Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I'm not sure where else I could've posted this, so I'm just putting it here.

I recently changed the name of my YouTube channel to "The Network Mystery" (don't judge...) because of some issues I was having (don't need to go into the details). I used to be posting comments, etc. under my real, full name, and I want to continue to do that, so that comments don't show up as posted by "The Network Mystery" because that looks and sounds stupid. What's important to understand though is that I did NOT rename the channel because I was worried about using my real name, it was for a completely different reason.

So, what I want to do is isolate Network Mystery content so it can just be totally separate, maybe even on another account if that's the solution. But I want to be able to post comments, share playlists, etc. as my real name, which is what the channel used to be called.

The problem is that I have ALL my Google data—mail (which I don't care about because it's not my main email account), Google Drive (which I have a lot of stuff on), etc. ALL OF THIS IS STILL UNDER MY NAME, NOT UNDER "The Network Mystery." The ONLY thing that's under that name is the YouTube channel.

So, is there a way that I can either move all the data under my Google account to a different account, or move all the YouTube stuff to a different account?

Again, what I want to be able to do is post comments, etc. under my name, NOT under the existing channel name. I looked this up on Google, but haven't found any helpful articles yet. Maybe someone knows of a more helpful article that I just didn't see.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
YouTube creator tools have deficiencies. I have not been able to figure out how to delete a channel. It's easy to add or modify them though.

I used to save all of my videos locally but YouTube has been reliable enough so that I just store them there. I could download all of my videos because it is really easy to wipe out your channel but I'm undecided on that. I would need to purchase more storage to keep everything local but it would make it easier if I wanted to move to another channel. Of course I'd lose all of the comments, likes, etc.

If I wanted to move to a new channel, I think that I'd have to do it manually. There are times when I'd like to split my channel into a couple of channels because I put out content related to a number of different areas but I find that I'd rather produce content than manage it.

Reactions: rm5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.