Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I pre ordered and received the phone two weeks ago but they told me I've had it 15 days. They said the pre order showed it being one day early and had to get a manager override to process the return. anybody else return their phones today?

Dkoc13

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Returned mine Tuesday and same thing. Said I was over the 14 day and they called a manager to ok it.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Returned mine Tuesday and same thing. Said I was over the 14 day and they called a manager to ok it.
pretty weird seems like they are including the pre order date as the date you received the phone

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My husband returned my preordered XS Max today. They did have to get a manager to authorize the return but they never mentioned it being outside the return period by any length of time.

Earlier in the week he returned my Max that we had bought in the store days before my preorder was due to be delivered.

I’m totally Maxless. Sigh.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
My husband returned my preordered XS Max today. They did have to get a manager to authorize the return but they never mentioned it being outside the return period by any length of time.

Earlier in the week he returned my Max that we had bought in the store days before my preorder was due to be delivered.

I’m totally Maxless. Sigh.
It feels kinda nice going back to my X actually. Im torn on getting another max for now I think

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Hmm, I guess the question that springs to mind for me, why did each of you return your Xs Max?

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Hmm, I guess the question that springs to mind for me, why did each of you return your Xs Max?
switching carriers. Going to do the verizon buy one get one deal and start a family plan with my mom. Not sure what I want to get yet now though. not space grey really it was ok but I like the silver X I have more

Reactions: circatee

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It feels kinda nice going back to my X actually. Im torn on getting another max for now I think
I really liked the Max. I don’t completely like carrying large phones but I do appreciate the large displays.

I just had trouble looking at the OLED display. I’m normally fine with OLED on my S9+ and my previous S8+, but there’s something about the ones Apple uses and the one on my Pixel 2 that bothers my eyes. I thought it might be pwm, but supposedly the display on my S9+ has the same pwm refresh rate, so now I am not sure what the exact problem is. All I know is I am stuck with LCD displays for iPhones for the foreseeable future.

NVD

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Scotland, Glasgow
Same thing happened to me when I returned mine on Thursday. I felt it was stupid that they don't automatically discount the pre-order period when their website's return policy specifically says 14 days from the date you receive it.

Reactions: 5105973

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Same thing happened to me when I returned mine on Thursday. I felt it was stupid that they don't automatically discount the pre-order period when their website's return policy specifically says 14 days from the date you receive it.
Funny thing is she should of known when the pre order was already. She asked me when I got it. Like isn't it obvious its only been out 2 weeks as of yesterday. But maybe some apple employees dont pay attention to launch dates? haha

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.