Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeffx342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
North Andover
Also if u go through the menu's at the end it will also show the pic with a man using a powerbook and displaying it on tv.

I remember a couple of months ago somebody posted this same pic but a larger version of it. Nobody seemed to know what it ment until now.

Jeffx342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
North Andover
heres a pic

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 821

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
the explanation might be as simple as :

1. The TiBook is the best looking machine, and they just wanted to use it.

2. The designers laying out the web page are oblivious to computers and just decided to go with option nr. 1.

A looong while back I took a screen capture of a microsoft XP teaser movie where the people are shown browsing wirelessly on a Pismo Powerbook..... I posted that on maccentral I believe. Oh, wait, I retrieved it, here goes:

Attachments

• xp_pbg3.jpg
    xp_pbg3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 626

Jeffx342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
North Andover
I disagree Zarathustra, the Prismo looks like a basic looking laptop to me. The powerbook Ti has a very distinctive look and the images show very clearly* that its a powerbook ti

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by Jeffx342
I disagree Zarathustra, the Prismo looks like a basic looking laptop to me. The powerbook Ti has a very distinctive look and the images show very clearly* that its a powerbook ti

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I did not dispute for one moment that the Radeon pictures did NOT feature TiBooks. I think there is just too much read into a publicity picture. I would love to be proved wrong, but there is a chance that they plain wanted to use a good looking machine - whether it featured the new Radeon chip or not.

I have seen advertising for Intel based PCs in the former eastern block countries where they pasted OSX screen captures into the monitor. When I asked why they do it, they say it looks much nicer and expensive...

BTW, if you know anything about past macs, clearly the laptop in the XP picture is a G3 PowerBook, because at their time , the Pismo, Lombard, etc. were very sexy. The white logo has been photoshopped out, but the curves and the shape scream MAC!

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
damn right

Dude, zarathustra, that photo of the Pismo in the Microsloth promo is so damn funny. And that is totally a Pismo, look at the light bouncing off the back of the lid. Anyone who's owned a Pismo knows those curves and their rubbery touch.

I like the Pismo, but I like the new tibook better......

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
it's advertising. they use what looks best. one tv advert [where i am] showed someone doing their banking via the internet on an imac. the bank concerned doesn't support macs. a large pc seller has a an advert about leasing instead of buying, the computer used in the advert is a pismo, the apple logo is PSed out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.