Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
Ok, so this problem may be a bit of a doozy... I have a Cocoa project that I have been working on for a few months now and I am using IB for the dialogs. I do my development on an Ibook, but frequently use an external monitor with the screen spanning hack. When switching to or from the external monitor my dialog window is IB sometimes does weird something weird. What will happen is that size of the main mindow with decrease slightly and the controls and forms on the window will all shift down a little. This is easily fixed by increasing the size of the window and shifting all the controls up. However, this morning it happened a little differently. The main window was very tiny and my controls and forms are no where to be found! Even when I stretch the window as large as possible I see nothing! What can I do to get my stuff back!

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
DaveP said:
The main window was very tiny and my controls and forms are no where to be found! Even when I stretch the window as large as possible I see nothing! What can I do to get my stuff back!
I have this nasty bug happen to me all the time with IB, both on my PowerBook and G5 tower. AFAIK there is nothing to fix it except "Undo" (and that doesn't always work). I make copies of my work and save frequently just because of this bug. As much as I love Xcode and IB, they are, in my experience, some of the buggiest Apple software (I have even clean-installed Tiger with all upgrades). IB does all sorts of goofy little things to me (and outright crashes fairly often), but the "disappearing controls" one is probably the most annoying. :rolleyes:

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
The object inspector (or whatever it's called - the thing you use to set the properties of GUI objects) locks up quite a bit for me when I'm setting up bindings. You have to quit IB and restart it to unlock it.

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
I just took my lumps and a took a few days to redo it. I did save an old copy, but it was about 2 months old and things were quite a bit different. I too have the object inspector lock on me and half to restart IB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.