Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
McAllen, TX
While on wifi, I lose internet connection. I flip off wifi and cellular data doesn't work either. I toggle airplane mode ... nothing. What usually helps is resetting network settings and/or doing a soft reset (home + power button). This has happened three or four times already. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

robostig

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
While on wifi, I lose internet connection. I flip off wifi and cellular data doesn't work either. I toggle airplane mode ... nothing. What usually helps is resetting network settings and/or doing a soft reset (home + power button). This has happened three or four times already. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

I was having wifi issues yesterday, when I first started using my phone, I read a tip that said to use alternate DNS than the one being given out by the router, I put in openDNS' DNS instead and now I am not having the same problems as before.

grizzy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1781815/

Many of us are having wifi problems.

I was having wifi issues yesterday, when I first started using my phone, I read a tip that said to use alternate DNS than the one being given out by the router, I put in openDNS' DNS instead and now I am not having the same problems as before.

Can you expand on this (or link the tip) please? I'm not entirely following it and would like to try it. Thanks!

robostig

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Ok so this worked for me, hopefully it will work for you guys.

Go to settings
Go to wifi
Press the name of whatever wifi you are connected to, the one with the blue checkmark
You should see a list of settings
Press DNS
If you have something like 192.168.1.1 change it to 208.67.222.222 OR 8.8.8.8
Restart phone

This worked on my 6+ iOS 8.0 phone

golfinjulie

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2016
Ok so this worked for me, hopefully it will work for you guys.

Go to settings
Go to wifi
Press the name of whatever wifi you are connected to, the one with the blue checkmark
You should see a list of settings
Press DNS
If you have something like 192.168.1.1 change it to 208.67.222.222 OR 8.8.8.8
Restart phone

This worked on my 6+ iOS 8.0 phone
[doublepost=1454459422][/doublepost]When I pressed DNS this is what came up: 2001:558:feed::1, 2001:558:feed::2
Is that was I change to 208.67.222.222???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.