Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mibrop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Posting in case anyone else experiences/ed the same:

My iPhone 3g intermittently displays a problem where the "P" key and Backspace key are non-responsive. It seems more that a narrow vertical area on the right side of the touchscreen is unresponsive. These two keys fall entirely in that area. This started within 30 minutes of phone being powered up, activated, and leaving the Apple Store.

I have no consistent reproduce steps yet, but it seems to be software related, starting most frequently when in a text message compose window. Powering off/doesn't resolve the issue. Problem has corrected itself after about 30 minutes the two times it's happened.

I've ensured that my hands are not touching any other part of the screen as a possible cause -- showed it to three other people and they concur the keys are not responding when the problem occurs. Took it to Apple Store and of course the problem decided to go away during my visit.

Will keep an eye on it and report further... Interested if anyone else has seen this.

Mike
Seattle

Sphyrna

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
I haven't experienced the problem you're having. The only problem I've had is twice the backspace key got stuck and just kept going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.