Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pr3jker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2020
Hi
My problems started when I came back to work this September. Not sure if related to my OS (Mojave 10.14.6) and my Macbook Air, as everything has been ok so far. Also, my problem is not related to my home network (which is fine), but only to my corporate network at work.
Anyway, at work, Wifi works fine for a few minutes, then it stops working (with no notification). My wifi doesn't get disconnected, it just stops working and every network operation starts to crawl and eventually end by returning a timing connection error. I discovered that if I renew the DHCP lease (in Sys Prefs), it starts working again. For a while. And then... 5 mn later... and so on!
Not sure, but if I have to renew DHCP to make it start working again, it means I'm having trouble with the my IP address, right? It means I keep losing my IP... Why?
Just to be clear, I'm sure it's not hardware-related because it works fine when I'm using my home network. It's only with my corporate network that I'm having this problem. And nothing is wrong with my corporate network, as no colleague is having this kind of trouble on their PC. And my Android has no problem both at home and at work.
Also, my network admin confirmed that no recent change has been made to the network. He suggested I reinstall my OS.
I've tried most googled suggestions, last one I remember was creating a new work-specific location, but no luck. I'm now thinking of reinstalling macOS, but it's so much time consuming!
I don't know what to do anymore, this is so stressful. Any suggestion welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.