Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
I would occasionally get the No Service error while driving on my iPhone 12 Pro Max (ATT) since I bought the phone last year. The only way to get a signal was to turn the phone off and on. Toggling airplane mode wouldn’t work. I took it back to the Apple store a few months ago but because I had a VPN and beta installed they wouldn’t touch it until I restored from new without a backup. Well my years warranty was almost up so I restored it and the same issue would happen: no service while driving. This time they ran some tests that took almost 30 minutes and the cell antenna in the phone failed a test. So they replace the phone 3 days before the warranty expired. All good now. No more no service error. I’m happy.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Glad that you got that resolved. I have experienced the same issue but turning airplane mode on and off usually fixed the issue. I will remember what you did in case it happens with no resolution. My only gripe is my phone is jailbroken and I’m not willing to part with my jailbreak to update the software.

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Glad that you got that resolved. I have experienced the same issue but turning airplane mode on and off usually fixed the issue. I will remember what you did in case it happens with no resolution. My only gripe is my phone is jailbroken and I’m not willing to part with my jailbreak to update the software.
Yeah I was nervous to restore to new without a backup. I had tons of apps and 2FA for digital coins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.