Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zingbah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
hey,
i just got a g5 desktop, and was wondering how id go about recording in garageband using the internal mic, if at all possible. i know it wont be the greatest quality, i just want to be able to record jams in my friends basement easily.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
zingbah said:
hey,
i just got a g5 desktop, and was wondering how id go about recording in garageband using the internal mic, if at all possible. i know it wont be the greatest quality, i just want to be able to record jams in my friends basement easily.

You'll probably get more help on here if you list a few more details like:

1-what kind of jams? Guitar, Drums, keys, vocals, pin whistle, spoons? :p

2-How much $ are you willing to drop?

3- what kind of gear do you already have?

Post a few more details and you'll get your answers

:)

zingbah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Ok then...
1. id call it ambient psychedelic jam funk, with guitar bass and drums, sometimes keys

2. i was kinda hoping to just do low quality single track recordings with what ive got now (g5 1.8gHz with 1G ddr400 (dont really know what im talking about when it comes to computers, just rattling off specs...))...i dont really want professional quality recordings, just simple ones where you can hear the music so i can have something to be like 'heres my band'

3. i answerd that above cuz i didnt read ahead

im assuming buying some type of mic would be a lot better than the internal one, so any recommendations? it wont be used for vocals so much.
i also think i need an interface to connect 1/4" cables to the computer so i can just record solo projects with a guitar and keyboard.

but i emphazize... i really wanna just keep it simple, im not very computer savvy, so yeah... any help is greatly appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.