Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
When the VP is released can MR put out a statement or something saying that posts from international vision pro buyers asking for help will not be allowed because as we have seen from MR news posts, the Vision Pro is not supported outside of the US but we know every time Apple release a new product, the forum starts to fill up with 'I need help' or 'Has anyone experience the same' posts.

The VP sections of the forum already have posts from members who live outside of the US intent on finding ways to purchase a Vision Pro and my concern is these people will have problems and as such will come in here asking for help, help that will not be possible because the VP is only supported in the US thus there will be lot's of 'Sorry, cannot help you posts'.

The reason I ask for this because there is going to be nothing worse than people asking for help and then members posting asking where they located and they say UK or Germany or Philippines or Thailand or Australia or Brazil and once their international location is know, members replying time and time again with 'sorry, VP is only supported in the US'

Reactions: kitKAC

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Just because Apple says they won't officially support it outside of the US, that doesn't really tell me that any of us couldn't still try to help where possible.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Just because Apple says they won't officially support it outside of the US, that doesn't really tell me that any of us couldn't still try to help where possible.
That is not acceptable because if you look at the vast number of 'help' threads that are dotted around the forum, the number one 'help' post is always 'have you contacted Apple support?' or 'Ring/email Apple support because only they can help you'. We do not need to see these type of posts posted by international buyers of the VP in a VP help thread.

MR should either prevent international VP buyers from asking for support in the VP section OR MR should create a dedicated VP section for international buyers of the VP because there is going to be nothing more frustrating than having a VP help thread with posts from VP owners living in the US where it is officially supported having their posts lost in amongst those from international VP buyers asking for help for similar or same problems.

Once the VP is officially sold in other countries then yes by all means let VP help threads be there to help/support all BUT until those days happen, no, do not allow international buyers of the VP to ask for help to make help threads or post help post in the VP forum section.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
The reason I ask for this because there is going to be nothing worse than people asking for help and then members posting asking where they located and they say UK or Germany or Philippines or Thailand or Australia or Brazil and once their international location is know, members replying time and time again with 'sorry, VP is only supported in the US'

I can imagine a lot worse actually. I don't see much of this happening at all, certainly not enough to ask MR to intervene. To me the VP threads are already clogged up by people who have no intent of buying one but just want to put it down for whatever personal reason. To rationalize not getting one? It would be a breath of fresh air to find someone so excited to get one they try to get it even if they aren't in the US where it's being released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.