Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Might try shutting down and restarting.

Any pattern on where/when it's slow (eg. slow at coffee shop wifi but ok at home)? Just a specific website site?

Maybe...

Poor wifi signal.
Poor cellular network.
Site is slow.

Using a slow DNS server on wifi. Can change that to point to Google's: Settings > Wifi > circle-i (aka Info). Tap Configure DNS, then Manual. Delete the entries there, then add in (no quotes) "8.8.8.8" and "8.8.4.4". Or can add Cloudflare's server, "1.1.1.1", or, IBM's "9.9.9.9".

Nuclear option, can do a reset of Network Settings and start that fresh.

Reactions: Shirleyi

Shirleyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
Might try shutting down and restarting.

Any pattern on where/when it's slow (eg. slow at coffee shop wifi but ok at home)? Just a specific website site?

Maybe...

Poor wifi signal.
Poor cellular network.
Site is slow.

Using a slow DNS server on wifi. Can change that to point to Google's: Settings > Wifi > circle-i (aka Info). Tap Configure DNS, then Manual. Delete the entries there, then add in (no quotes) "8.8.8.8" and "8.8.4.4". Or can add Cloudflare's server, "1.1.1.1", or, IBM's "9.9.9.9".

Nuclear option, can do a reset of Network Settings and start that fresh.

NoBoMac...eurika! Configuring the DNS did the trick on my iMac and iPhone! Ever so grateful for the information that I have been seeking for a couple of months. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.