Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I don't know where this goes forum-wise. My Macs have been reduced to a crawl over the internet for the last two weeks. I had comcast come over a week ago who replaced the modem, replaced some wiring. and proclaimed a distinct improvement in performance speed. It was a LITTLE slower initially than optimum. I can't tell you by how much. I just did their speed test which is BS because it took about 40 seconds to even respond after I clicked start, then it kept staggering for about 45-60 seconds before going through the test. It came up with download speed of 62.5mbps and upload speed 4.6 mbps. 2nd test download speed 293, upload 9.8.

I've tried logging out and resetting passwords in case hacking is going on. I've checked malware. I used disk warrior, reset the pram. Comcast said if it doesn't fix it's a networking problem. I'm calling them back, but I was hoping someone would have a clue. This started last week when I was trying to download a 15 mb file that wouldn't download. Now I've got a similarly sized file to download and it won't do it again. I have two MacPros that share ethernet connectivity. Same problem on both. One of Sierra and the other is High Sierra. I've rebooted that modem than shares the connection. I've tried Chrome and Safari.

IDEAS????????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.