Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moved2mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Hi ,
I have recently switched to MAC. I own a 13.3 aluminium mac book.
There is a problem with internet connect every time i open my mac. Even though my home wireless network is shown as connected but the internet connection is failed. I use the network diagnostics to diagnose but, nothing works.. In order to successfully connect to the Internet, every time i have to restart my modem, Wireless router. When i do this , the internet works fine and is not disconnected unless i put back my mac to sleep.
Next time when i put back my mac to power and start, the same problem repeats. I have to go all the way to wireless router and modem and restart them.

Please advice if i am missing something and please let me know how can i overcome this issue.
Additional Info: there are total 3 laptops which connect to my home wireless network. 2 are windows and Only mine is mac. They dont have this problem.

Its reallly pain to restart the modem, wirelss router evertime. Please help.

ElectricMan5

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
Hi ,
I have recently switched to MAC. I own a 13.3 aluminium mac book.
There is a problem with internet connect every time i open my mac. Even though my home wireless network is shown as connected but the internet connection is failed. I use the network diagnostics to diagnose but, nothing works.. In order to successfully connect to the Internet, every time i have to restart my modem, Wireless router. When i do this , the internet works fine and is not disconnected unless i put back my mac to sleep.
Next time when i put back my mac to power and start, the same problem repeats. I have to go all the way to wireless router and modem and restart them.

Please advice if i am missing something and please let me know how can i overcome this issue.
Additional Info: there are total 3 laptops which connect to my home wireless network. 2 are windows and Only mine is mac. They dont have this problem.

Its reallly pain to restart the modem, wirelss router evertime. Please help.

wow. i had this EXACT problem.

go to: system preferences>network>airport>advanced>tcp/ip>renew dhcp lease.

do this whenever you wake your mac up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.