Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vicky Vicky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2018
I am running Windows 8.1 for several months now using Parallel Desktop on MacOs Sierra. Everything was running fine. However, for the past few days, Internet has stopped working on Windows. PC settings show "no internet connection". Please suggest some solutions. If more details are needed, please ask.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
What is the guest's network configuration? Does the guest have an IP address (from command prompt: ipconfig /all)

Vicky Vicky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2018
Resolved. Settings >>Hardware >> Network 1 >> Source. Selecting wi-fi did the job. I am still confused how it suddenly began to create problems as I didn't make any changes.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Resolved. Settings >>Hardware >> Network 1 >> Source. Selecting wi-fi did the job. I am still confused how it suddenly began to create problems as I didn't make any changes.
Selecting “Default Adapter” in that window should allow the VM to use the binding order of the Mac. For example, if you’re connected via Ethernet and disconnect and go to WiFi, the VM config would not need to be altered. If you select WiFi, it will never roll over to Ethernet, which is generally better performing.

I suggest using Default Adapter whenever possible.

Reactions: Vicky Vicky
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.