Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
When my computer goes to sleep, it turns off the internet and I have to wait a few seconds to get internet, after I wake my computer>

What is causing and how do I stop it?

Reactions: NO🇳🇴

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
When my computer goes to sleep, it turns off the internet and I have to wait a few seconds to get internet, after I wake my computer>

What is causing and how do I stop it?
I that low data mode? I dont have data limitations, so I should change that?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
you could try (in settings>wifi) forgetting your network. then unplug your modem & router from AC. then reboot the devices, wait until they're up & running... and create a new connection to your network...

Reactions: NO🇳🇴

NO🇳🇴

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2022
Norway
You can go to settings - battery - Options, and select wake for network access to Always. It will update your iCloud and iMessage etc more often when not plugged into power, but when the machine is in sleep, network won't work the same way as when it is on, and if this happens when you change location i.e. Home & school that is normal and might just be because other people are using the wifi. MacBook/pc sleep is not the same as when the Phone is in sleep.

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I think I have to turn off Low Data Mode in Wifi/Connected/Details. I dont have to worry about data limits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.