Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Before I try using it, does the new Interweb take over the old Interweb profile folder or does it create a new one?

I’ve checked.

For now, it is relying on the same Basilisk directory which Nightly55 relied on.

I had the same thought prior to first launch, so I made a backup of my Interweb profile before launching the new Interweb Nightly.app (how I renamed it to distinguish it). The Interweb directory was unaffected.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
The next will release will use the old interweb profile. We just finished the "full" rebranding the other day. This will also allow InTheBox and your already made custom box apps to work with the updated browser engine.

Cheers

Fser

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2024
Made an account just to say you guys are awesome. Singlehandedly breathing life back into my 2010 MacBook :p

Edit: Do tabs apart from the initial first tab not appear for anyone else? I can make a new tab and interact with it just fine, just can't close it or really see it at all in the top bar. This wasn't an issue in Nightly55.

Edit 2: Disregard, this is fixed in the 3.17 release on wicknix's GitHub. I was still on 3.14.

Edit 3: Well, it worked on the new profile for a bit. I must have done something to break it again, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: wicknix

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
So... I've been having issues porting InTheBox to the new browser. With some new UXP builds it works, some builds it doesn't. Until i get a grasp on what is causing it to fail, i decided to create a standalone app for the time being with one of my builds it worked with. I took InTheBox, modified it, renamed it, and wrapped it and the browser all in to one app.

The new app is called InABox. This way it wont interfere with InTheBox and the apps that were created with it using the older InterWeb 60.9.9. Simply fire up InABox and create your apps like before. It will create new apps using the newer UXP backend. It will not update your old InTheBox apps though. You will need to recreate them with InABox if you want them to use the updated browser engine.

InAbox main window
InABox.png

Example of TwitchTV.app created with InABox
InABox-Twitch.png

Note: This app will only work on 10.6 Intel with Rosetta installed as the original FoxBox code was built for PowerPC.
Also InABox must be installed to /Applications in order for it to function properly.

Download here.

Cheers

So... I've been having issues porting InTheBox to the new browser. With some new UXP builds it works, some builds it doesn't. Until i get a grasp on what is causing it to fail, i decided to create a standalone app for the time being with one of my builds it worked with. I took InTheBox, modified it, renamed it, and wrapped it and the browser all in to one app.

The new app is called InABox. This way it wont interfere with InTheBox and the apps that were created with it using the older InterWeb 60.9.9. Simply fire up InABox and create your apps like before. It will create new apps using the newer UXP backend. It will not update your old InTheBox apps though. You will need to recreate them with InABox if you want them to use the updated browser engine.

InAbox main window
View attachment 2361892

Example of TwitchTV.app created with InABox
View attachment 2361893

Note: This app will only work on 10.6 Intel with Rosetta installed as the original FoxBox code was built for PowerPC.
Also InABox must be installed to /Applications in order for it to function properly.

Download here.

Cheers

Amazing stuff, cheers.

But you know I’m really looking forward to InThatBox — for those web sites which happen to be a bit extra about feature bloat. :D

signer-ink-beast

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2024
It has been a while since I have looked at Basilisk (in before times, Palemoon's "Goanna", so a long time ago). This is great for filling in the gaps Lynx can't fill, plus making it a bit more convenient for referencing information or whatever when I am using SL. Not having to lean entirely on the smartphone or another computer is handy for some quick lookup or whatever. Thank you!

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Just like the other Mozilla based browsers does not work in Parallels with SL unlike Chrome.

DCBassman

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2021
West Devon, UK
Using this now on 3 Snow Leopard machines, Macbook 2,1 2007, Mac Mini 3,1 2009, Macbook Pro 8,2 2011. Weirdly, it's slowest on the 2007. Not weird, you say? But that's the snappiest of the three machines otherwise. Amazing OS. And now a great browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.