Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allencs222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2022
I have about 40 ipads enrolled in my companies Endpoint Manager portal on O365.

They are configured as without user affinity so that I can mange them with one apple ID.

I am having a very difficult time figuring out if it is possible to push apps to the ipad through endpoint manager without having someone needing to enter a password on the iPad to confirm the install. Is this possible?

I also cannot figure out how to remove the apps that are already Pre-installed on the iPad as they don't show up in the found app section.

Does anyone have suggestions for articles to read that might explain this further?

Thank you.

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
In principle when you assign apps as required they'll install automatically without needing to enter a password (works most of the times just fine). Though if I remember correctly they might get a prompt asking to install, but without asking for a password.

To remove pre-installed iOS apps there's a workaround. Add them to Intune assigning them as available or required, after doing that they'll show up in the found app section and you can remove them.
Intune can't uninstall apps that are installed from Apple App Store

Reactions: BigDO

Allencs222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2022
Thank you for that article. I was able to remove the Pages application by assigning All Devices to the Uninstall assignment.

Still havent been able to figure out how to push the app onto the ipad. If i have these set to without user affinity, do i need to be logged in to an apple ID on the iPad? I tried my ABM apple id and i got an error “This apple ID cannot make purchases”. I am trying to add an app from the Store as well as built in (zoom).

Thanks

Allencs222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2022
well, after adding 2 apps in a row, it gave the option to save password for future free apps and now they install without having to re-enter the password

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.