Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rivet2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
This may not be an iPad specific problem. But I am trying to create an Apple ID for my kid to use an IPad. I followed the instructions from Apple to create an Apple ID under family sharing, but every time I input everything it just stopped at the place when asking about phone number, it keep saying invalid phone number, tried all phone number in households, the same invalid number. So I stuck there can’t create a child Apple ID because of that.I m in Canada. Anyone else experienced similar problems? How do you think I can resolve it and where to find help?

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
First port of call should be Apple support. I can almost guarantee it’s some over complicated workflow that doesn’t work properly without first enabling or disabling something else, somewhere else, that hasn’t been mentioned in the guide. Apple can be frustrating like that.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
From Apple support article:
If you're receiving an error that the phone number is invalid, make sure the Apple ID country/region is set correctly to match the phone number you're attempting to add. This would apply to the family organizer, and the child account you're setting up. The country/region for both will need to match.Jan 5, 2023
1706366718531.png

https://discussions.apple.com › thread

problems creating a child Apple ID

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.