Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I love using the invert function while using my phone at night or in a dark room. All of a sudden, using my phone doesn't feel like staring into a flashlight.

Is there a hack to invert colors but retain graphics/videos uninverted? If so, I may just be inclined to keep my phone in invert mode at all times.

Thanks!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I love using the invert function while using my phone at night or in a dark room. All of a sudden, using my phone doesn't feel like staring into a flashlight.

Is there a hack to invert colors but retain graphics/videos uninverted? If so, I may just be inclined to keep my phone in invert mode at all times.

Thanks!

have you tried using f.lux to see if that works for you?

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
have you tried using f.lux to see if that works for you?

i believe f.lux changes the color temperature of your screen, i use it on my desktop and it's great but it's not what i'm looking for in this instance.

i love the look of iOS inverted, but i don't like how images are inverted as well. windows inverts everything but graphics, was hoping there was a jailbreak hack for iOS devices

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
k--but i was hoping for an accessibility hack rather than a theme, felt like the accessibility hack would be less draining on the phone as the invert colors function is already a native feature.

will ask in the other thread

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

Thanks!

there's an invert flipswitch in cydia so that might make toggling between invert colors and non invert colors easier (for a temporary solution until you find the actual solution you want)

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
You can also set a triple tap for invert, in the standard accessibility pref.

You can, but setting it up this way introduces a delay that some find annoying when bringing up the switcher with a double tap of the home button.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
Just following up to see if there is any tweak that will invert colors for everything EXCEPT images and videos?

Thanks in advance for your help.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
i believe f.lux changes the color temperature of your screen, i use it on my desktop and it's great but it's not what i'm looking for in this instance.

i love the look of iOS inverted, but i don't like how images are inverted as well. windows inverts everything but graphics, was hoping there was a jailbreak hack for iOS devices

how about eclipse or nightmode?

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
how about eclipse or nightmode?

no longer interested in jailbreak, and those solutions were released well after this original post.

if apple added some code to their invert option to simply retain graphics... there wouldn't even be a need for eclipse or nightmode

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.