Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
Sachs are another thrive-on-usury bank; they don't give a shyte who takes what loan as long as they make loads of money off the process of higher credit and can extend loans to other people, literally making money out of thin air. But, because they also want to demoralise society, they can't stop with a simple 'no', and have to dig into 'needs' for further so-called progress.

For-profit usurious banks are a huge part of the problem, but they will never be indicted. It will always be this wavy line of societal norms.

Reactions: -DMN-

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I assume best business would be to extent credit based on the applicant’s ability to pay it back.
Yup, I assume that is what is happening here with the Apple Card, and it is most likely completely automated.

If some people are getting different credit limits, or being denied a line of credit, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with their gender.

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
While we found no fair lending violations, our inquiry stands as a reminder of disparities in access to credit that continue nearly 50 years after the passage of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. This is one part of a broader discussion we must have about equal credit access.

^^ Ok, the answer is no, you found nothing, stop there. No need to use it as a platform for broader discussion.

gender bias? em, hello — MARISA ROBERTSON?? c'mon...
Now that this one is clear, let’s go check car insurance companies and rates, to see if there’s any sort of disparity. Start with a per gender report for those aged 25yo or less. I’ll wait.

So in other words, credit scores don't have a gender? Who could have known???
Hahah, well, of course, that’s because gender is a social construct! It doesn’t exist!*
*when convenient apply the opposite, it isn’t a social construct and it exists, a lot, not only two but by the dozens.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I remember the a**hat that started this. He and his wife applied for their own Apple Cards and he got a bigger credit limit than she did. Ipso facto she was discriminated against, he claimed. In today’s culture there’s a discrimination, a racist, a xenophobe, a homophobe, a bigot, a misogynist, a Caucasian cisgender straight male hiding behind every rock ready to pounce on the oppressed.
I remember that as well. A pseudo outrage if there is one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.