Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gerard.

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Sorry but i couldnt find an answer to this, so before you start saying use the search feature.. Dont.

If i were to remove my invisable shield in a month or two, will it have damaged my ipod in any way? Also, Is it easy to remove?

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
No, it shouldn't damage it at all. The idea of the shield is to protect the product, from other threats and itself. It is very easy to take off. It will simply peel. Don't pull too hard though, I was really gentle with mine.

Gerard.

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
No, it shouldn't damage it at all. The idea of the shield is to protect the product, from other threats and itself. It is very easy to take off. It will simply peel. Don't pull too hard though, I was really gentle with mine.

Thanks, its just i heard something about the silicon or something setting in.. Must have been wrong.
Thanks!

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Thanks, its just i heard something about the silicon or something setting in.. Must have been wrong.
Thanks!

No problem. But I, however, am not an expert. I find it hard to believe that the silicon would "set in" and ultimately destroy something about one's iPod... I would contact the guys who make the shield and ask them for sure. I doubt it's going to hurt anything though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.