Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
...or any full size iPod for that matter. I really don't like how the rear of the iPod Touch and Classic is that shiny mirror surface that gets prints on it and scratches easily. So I was thinking that I could buy an invisible shield that normally goes on the front side (but it has to be one for the iPhone/iPod Touch so it is large enough to fit the back), and just put it on the rear side. Would this work? If it works, than every couple months or so I can just replace the shield and the back of the iPod will look like new forever! Comments?

8bitrevolution

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
...or any full size iPod for that matter. I really don't like how the rear of the iPod Touch and Classic is that shiny mirror surface that gets prints on it and scratches easily. So I was thinking that I could buy an invisible shield that normally goes on the front side (but it has to be one for the iPhone/iPod Touch so it is large enough to fit the back), and just put it on the rear side. Would this work? If it works, than every couple months or so I can just replace the shield and the back of the iPod will look like new forever! Comments?

They should be doing the invisishield's the same way still which is, for $24.95, you get something that will cover the front and the back. It's two separate pieces so you can just put the back on. Unfortunately, for iPod classic owners, I doubt the screen is separate. I'd personally like to protect the back and the screen and leave the rest of the front open. Oh well.

Why would you want to replace it every couple months? I bought mine two years ago and it still looks fantastic. Invisishield's are difficult to put on and you have to leave the device off for 24 hours while it dries, but, in my opinion, the end result is worth it.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
You know what works really well and is pretty cheap? A screen protector for a PDA or the PSP. The iPod video was the perfect size for the screen protector, I just had to cut a little bit off. I'm sure the same protector will fit the Touch, front and back, they hold on for a pretty long time, it's better than having a full on case for the pod, as it won't make it any bigger. But eventually the thing starts coming off... But at 5 bucks for a case of (10) I think, that should be enough to last one a few months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.