Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stealthsniper96

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
i'm thinking about the invisible shield for my macbook but i was wondering if i ever take it off for anything would it leave any of that sticky crap behind or would my case still be smooth?

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
nope it wont. and if for any reason you need to take it off (for repairs or whatnot), you can send in the one you took off and they'll send you a new one.

Ninden

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Rochester, New York
The Invisible Shield comes with a spray on adhesive which you use to stick down the shield. I had originally put it on my Powerbook after replacing the original top case due to the black aluminum pocking that some people experience.
Unfortunately, while the Invisible Shield did protect the Powerbook, the Invisible Shield itself did get a bit of a yellowish tarnish.

Once I bought my MacBook Pro, I removed the Invisible Shield from the Powerbook. The adhesive is strong, but it came off clean. I just used one of the mac wipe clothes to remove some dirt that had gotten in next to the edges of the Invisible Shield and it was as good as new.

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
What does standard shield mean ?

I have been looking at this for my macbook, and the website shows that they sell a couple different pieces. However, the i understand what the 'Full Body Shield" means but they also sell a 'Standard Shield" for about 20$ less.

What does the standard sheild protect?
(for example does it only cover the top case and wrist/trackpad?)

Does anyone know what the standard sheild protects, or would it just be better to get a full body shield?

the website is super vague, and doesnt say anything on the 'standard' products really...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.