Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UserLain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mesquite TX
I know that the ivisibleshield seems to have a problem with yellowing over time (I'm guessing this is because of the sweat from your hands). I'm just wondering if any of the similar products also do this such as the bestskinever or bodyguards.

Also is this as big of a problem on the black iphone?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I had a skin on my 3G for months and now have a best skin ever on my 3GS, it doesn't turn yellow on a black Iphone.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I had a skin on my 3G for months and now have a best skin ever on my 3GS, it doesn't turn yellow on a black Iphone.

If I may add, against a white iPhone you'd notice the distinct yellow/off-white of the IS. I'm about to try the BSE, still waiting for it.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I had a BSE on my white 3g and it yellowed after a couple months. I ordered an IS for my white 3gs because they're warranty covers discoloring.

TehBest

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Since they're the same material..they all yellow.

Exactly. I had a BSE on for 2 weeks and I noticed it, white 3G might I add.

Great I just ordered that lol

Dont regret your order though, BSE makes an awesome product and they are even better as a company. Im sure if it yellows prematurely (or really badly) they will send you a replacement. Hell, they sent me a replacement because I messed up the application lol.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Dont regret your order though, BSE makes an awesome product and they are even better as a company. Im sure if it yellows prematurely (or really badly) they will send you a replacement. Hell, they sent me a replacement because I messed up the application lol.

That's good to hear, this is my first time dealing with this company so I'm quite anxious about their stuff.

UserLain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mesquite TX
Well I decided to go ahead and order one after I got an email back from BodyGuards saying

"Our product is known for its high quality of material that is resistant to any form of yellowing. We have had many happy customers who are pleased when they try our BodyGuardz, and discover that it will not yellow like other similar products out there."

I'm hoping its true...

TehBest

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
That's good to hear, this is my first time dealing with this company so I'm quite anxious about their stuff.

Well I can understand how ya feel. I just recently ordered a case from switcheasy, (before I scared myself by reading horror stories about monthlong orders and messed up cases) but I found some comfort in these forums! But BSE is good. If you have a macbook or mbp, look at their skins for those. I couldnt imagine not having my umb wrapped up!

fcamilo

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
BodyGuardz does not yellow

This is Fernando from NLU Products, makers of BodyGuardz. I saw the thread and just wanted to post a response about the quality of our film:

- Film clarity: Although the material we use is similar to others out there, we actually use a more expensive material that is specially designed to maintain clarity and durability over time. Our film doesn't have the strong orange peel effect that other films do. It's glass-like coverage with incredible durability.

- Discoloration: Our film uses an antibacterial mold inhibitor and anti-corrosion compound that is mixed directly into the product formula, so you can rest assured BodyGuardz will NOT discolor over time. Some of our competitors' films turn yellow or green after a few months because that extra coating is not added.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

Thank you

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
This is Fernando from NLU Products, makers of BodyGuardz. I saw the thread and just wanted to post a response about the quality of our film:

- Film clarity: Although the material we use is similar to others out there, we actually use a more expensive material that is specially designed to maintain clarity and durability over time. Our film doesn't have the strong orange peel effect that other films do. It's glass-like coverage with incredible durability.

- Discoloration: Our film uses an antibacterial mold inhibitor and anti-corrosion compound that is mixed directly into the product formula, so you can rest assured BodyGuardz will NOT discolor over time. Some of our competitors' films turn yellow or green after a few months because that extra coating is not added.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

Thank you

Odd I didn't find that in your website, was this a new product feature addition? If I knew that (or if it was posted) I would've bought it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.