Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macwhiz27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2016
Philippines
I just updated my OS from 10.1 to 10.1.1. The Status Bar (Phone Signal, Clock, Upper Bar) Keeps Disappearing. Anyone experiencing this bug?

Please post your identified iOS 10.1.1 Bug/s Here. Thank You!

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
I was. Turning my phone off and on seems to have fixed it..

Troubleshooting bugs is the new normal with Apple software

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
I was. Turning my phone off and on seems to have fixed it..

Troubleshooting bugs is the new normal with Apple software

When has it not been normal for any software firm? Bugs have existed since the first programmer sat down and wrote the first decent sized program for the computer of that time.

btw, here why it's called a "bug" in the first place: http://www.computerhistory.org/tdih/September/9/

Reactions: bchreng

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
more and more based on which numbers? absolute? relative to the whole code size? based on what? your perception on real data?

My anecdotal experience. Sure, not factual, but from what I'm seeing it sounds like a common experience.

When booting my mac and hard resetting my phone there are now patches of blurred colour (as if the video card was failing) and I'm not saying this is an outrage, but it's just something that would not have been allowed to stand a few years ago. Its a small detail, but an example of apples looser grasp on its software performance.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My anecdotal experience. Sure, not factual, but from what I'm seeing it sounds like a common experience.

When booting my mac and hard resetting my phone there are now patches of blurred colour (as if the video card was failing) and I'm not saying this is an outrage, but it's just something that would not have been allowed to stand a few years ago. Its a small detail, but an example of apples looser grasp on its software performance.
So something insignificant is an example of something that's supposedly significant?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I just updated my OS from 10.1 to 10.1.1. The Status Bar (Phone Signal, Clock, Upper Bar) Keeps Disappearing. Anyone experiencing this bug?

Please post your identified iOS 10.1.1 Bug/s Here. Thank You!
Yes, my iPhone 7 does the same from time to time, but it only disappears for a split second. The Safari typing bug is far more annoying.

Reactions: macwhiz27
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.