Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

la321

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I upgraded to iOS 10.1.1 last week and when pressing the power button the screen will turn back on by itself showing the lock screen. Is there a way to fix this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I upgraded to iOS 10.1.1 last week and when pressing the power button the screen will turn back on by itself showing the lock screen. Is there a way to fix this?
You press the button to turn the screen off and it turns off and then on right away? Or is something else happening?

la321

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
when i press the button to turn off screen it would come back on so would have to press it again but turning off raise to wake seems to have worked

Planky

macrumors regular
May 24, 2009
The Sunny Isle of Wight
Looks like the phone is moving whilst you are pressing the button and that is enough to trigger the wake on movement. Mine quite often wakes as I put the phone down on a desk and I have to press the button to put it back to sleep.

Connor35scott

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2018
It’s raise to wake turn that off and you’ll be set

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.