Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nav92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
As Apple just released iOS 10.1, the first thing I did was play with the Portrait Mode on my iPhone 7 Plus and it is quite an awesome feature. It works really good especially for a beta feature.
Also, I like the fact that it keeps a copy of a "normal" picture just in case.

Also, 10.1 made my device a little snappier. And if various articles on the internet are true, then 10.1 is finally utilizing the full 3 GB RAM of the 7 Plus.

The first impressions of mine are really positive.
Have you guys updated?

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Have updated just now and used the Portrait mode and was blown away on how good the results are. Some limitations like you need good light and cannot remote view via the apple watch. Selfie portrait mode would be great in future iPhone for people like me who like to take self portraits. Very positive step and is a killer camera feature imho.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Have updated just now and used the Portrait mode and was blown away on how good the results are. Some limitations like you need good light and cannot remote view via the apple watch. Selfie portrait mode would be great in future iPhone for people like me who like to take self portraits. Very positive step and is a killer camera feature imho.

I think we are going to see some fantastic results now that it's publicly released. Very excited to see what it has to offer for my 7 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.