Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
Hello Macrumors JB fam,

I have hit a snag that I can't seem to get out of.

I have an iPhone 7 (32GB) that is on iOS 10, and I want to keep it on iOS 10, and Jailbroken. What happened was that I neglected to keep tabs on my free space and forgot that pre-AFTS devices require stashing. I ended up re-springing the device and because the space was fully used, it crashed and a restart was required.

I want to keep my iPhone on iOS 10 and I want to re-jailbreak it. In order to do this though, I need to remove cydia or at least some tweaks first so that I can enable stashing.

I couldn't load in safe mode, was not able to remove or install new tweaks, and tried to remove cydia to no avail. I decided to restore the system with iCloud erase (which is supposed to remove cydia or so I thought) but it didn't. Now I am stuck with cydia and the installed tweaks.

I have so far tried to side load via Cydia Impactor IPAs such as iCleaner and Xcleaner, iFile and Filza, but the side loaded apps are no use or they weren't possible. I asked the developer of Succession, he said there was no way to side load it with Impactor. I tried creating a Cydia Eraser IPA from the deb to side load but alas, could not install the IPA. I don't have SHSH2 blobs because I received this device a few years after Apple stopped signing iOS 10.2.1

And I cannot re-jailbreak with Meridian because the system files are full! Every time I successfully initiate the jailbreak, it fails because "system memory is full". So it's a complete tough situation.

Does anyone know of any solution?
Any ideas?

Thank you for any input in advance :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.