Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

talkingtree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
So, I've been uploading full-resolution Jpegs from the Sony A7R since July via Sony Play Memories but I quickly realized that app doesn't allow RAW file transfer yet. It's only recent news that Apple IOS 10.2 allows raw editing and it's camera now shoots DNG and includes DNG support. Is there any hack or any solution that I haven't discovered yet that would allow me to transfer the ARW files from the Sony A7R? It would be amazing to be able to edit those on my 256 GB Phone....

If anyone has any answers or insights to this conundrum, please let me know? Otherwise I will continue shooting Jpeg and transferring the files like I did on my former iPhone 6S Plus?

I've been scouring the internet with no success or workarounds for a workflow yet. A few apps I'm utilizing right now is Enlight, and Lightroom Mobile.

Thanks,

Nathan Cowlishaw

PS: I've also used the Apple Branded SD card reader for the iPad/iPhone and it's still not transferring the RAW files, only the jpeg previews... :/

SimonMitchell

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2018
I am working on a better app for Sony cameras which (already) allows RAW transfer wirelessly. Please message me if you are interested in testing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.