Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seifensieder

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
I'm the only one? I can set a start and a end time but it doesn't remember me to go to bed and it doesn't ring in the morning it also doesn't record anything. The switch is turned on and green. I have no clue what I can do more …

I use iOS 10.0.1 (14A403) on a iPhone 5S, the language is set to German (Austria).

Duckingship

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I'm the only one? I can set a start and a end time but it doesn't remember me to go to bed and it doesn't ring in the morning it also doesn't record anything. The switch is turned on and green. I have no clue what I can do more …

I use iOS 10.0.1 (14A403) on a iPhone 5S, the language is set to German (Austria).
I made an account here just to answer you guys cuz i think i know how to solve it. It happend to me to. Go to bedtime and go to options in the top left corner (or something like that. I dont have english on) and Check if the days you want it to record and turn the alarm on, is yellow and NOT grey.

All of them are marked yellow (activated) when u set it up for the first time so i think you might have turned it off when you meant to select the days you want it to work. Hope this helps

Last edited:

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
working fine for me other than you have to disable the normal alarm if you have it set otherwise they both go off. but so far it's working properly, 6h 8m last night & 4h 30m night before.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I tried it for the first time last night and this morning. I never received notification to go to bed, but the alarm did go off. It didn't track my sleep. I keep my phone on my bed and I do wake up several time throughout the night so I highly doubt it would be accurate anyway. I find this feature more useful if you have the Watch. Seems like to me they are trying to compete with FitBit and other health trackers that monitor your sleep/wake pattern. Also, with the revamp of Health and incorporation of more compatible apps it seems this way. I personally don't like it. I will be using the regular clock app as my alarm. I do like the Early Riser tone (looking for a MP3 of this to download). However, being able to select my own songs from my music downloads is my deciding factor.

Seifensieder

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
I made an account here just to answer you guys cuz i think i know how to solve it. It happend to me to. Go to bedtime and go to options in the top left corner (or something like that. I dont have english on) and Check if the days you want it to record and turn the alarm on, is yellow and NOT grey.

All of them are marked yellow (activated) when u set it up for the first time so i think you might have turned it off when you meant to select the days you want it to work. Hope this helps
Thank you for your advice but that's not the case. All days are turned on (orange) but this ⁉️app still won't work.

I'm really disappointed from Apples quality.

In the calendar app there is also a bug* that I reported many times since the early iOS9 betas and it's still not fixed.
*When I type on a day in the overview, the calendar list scrolls to far and shows me the following day or event.

Last edited:

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
Thank you for your advice but that's not the case. All days are turned on (orange) but this ⁉️app still won't work.

I'm really disappointed from Apples quality.

In the calendar app there is also a bug* that I reported many times since the early iOS9 betas and it's still not fixed.
*When I type on a day in the overview, the calendar list scrolls to far and shows me the next day or event.

I have the same issue.
Worked in the betas but doesn't anymore.
Weird.

Reactions: Seifensieder

hsouris

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
The other day I woke up in the middle of the night, because of a damn mosquito. I picked up my iPhone, turned on the Flashlight and went hunting ( :D ). I also checked Tweetbot and Mail for a while until I killed the damn thing. Went back to sleep.

Bedtime alarm goes off. I checked what it had tracked: nothing at all. Registered a full night's 9hr sleep even though I was walking around with the flashlight open for a good while.

Have it disabled ever since.

Reactions: Seifensieder

Jonnybgoode87

macrumors member
May 11, 2016
The bedtime wake alarm doesn't go off if you have another alarm already set.

All it does is remind you when to go to bed to get your designated number of hours sleep, no tracking. At least, not till the next iPhone probably.

Seifensieder

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
This morning surprisingly the alarm worked. :eek:
I'm curious whether the app will remember me today evening to the bedtime.

Has anyone an idea how I can tell this bedtime alarm thing tog go off but still track my sleep? I think Apple didn't think this feature through.

Flash SWT

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009
Houston, TX
My bedtime alarm is going off, but it isn't tracking my sleep. I'm confused on how it is supposed to function.

I assumed that it would simply calculate my sleep time based on when my phone stops moving/being used around bedtime to when I pick it back up in the morning. Not the case though. So far it has only tracked sleep once.

Anyone have any insight onto how iOS is calculating when you went to sleep and then wake up?

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I tested it and can't it to even test play audio anything. It only plays the vibrations. (This is on upgraded 6s Plus). Very strange.
And I had it set to run last night and pretty sure nothing went off this AM, sound or vibration.

Picking up my 7 plus tomorrow (been out of town), and will test further on that but it's weird how it's really so variable for people.

angrytoothbrush

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I have found that this feature works as well as i think it could given I don't strap my phone to my body while I sleep (surprising right?). I have found if I wake up for a healthy nighttime poo and take my phone to read some news it registers that I was awake. I find that the alarm gets gradually louder and louder to gently pull you out of sleep. (Which is lost on my dog Benson who is a Welsh Corgi but I am fairly certain is swiss made- he's ALWAYS one minute early to present me with morning licks).

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Okay, so, two things. Arg. It might not have worked today because I have it set to not work on weekends. D'oh!

Also, testing the audio: the sound level is nothing like the alarm clock sounds (which are like ring tone levels). These you have to hold the phone against your ear. (At least if your hearing sucks and might ain't that great.)

So the question is: wtf volume is this thing going to use to wake you up? I expected the same as the old alarm which would wake the dead.

Moi Ici

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
working fine for me other than you have to disable the normal alarm if you have it set otherwise they both go off. but so far it's working properly, 6h 8m last night & 4h 30m night before.

⬆️ This. Also I think you meant to say they both don't go off. They cancel each other when both turned on ....for some strange reason/bug.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I have found that this feature works as well as i think it could given I don't strap my phone to my body while I sleep (surprising right?). I have found if I wake up for a healthy nighttime poo and take my phone to read some news it registers that I was awake. I find that the alarm gets gradually louder and louder to gently pull you out of sleep. (Which is lost on my dog Benson who is a Welsh Corgi but I am fairly certain is swiss made- he's ALWAYS one minute early to present me with morning licks).
This point about the escalation is interesting. The demo volume may be the starting point.... and I see now if you wait and wait it gets louder. Not a lot... even with the volume on max...

angrytoothbrush

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
IMG_4968.PNG You might have to give this guy a wiggle too...

angrytoothbrush

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
This point about the escalation is interesting. The demo volume may be the starting point.... and I see now if you wait and wait it gets louder. Not a lot... even with the volume on max...

Its quite hangover friendly I must say...

gregrobson

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
Just to add to the list:
Wake-up: works (my backup alarm is set to 10 minutes after the bedtime-wakeup alarm.
"Go to bed!" alarm: set to 30 minutes before 11:30pm (therefore 11:00pm). I get nothing: no notification or audible alarm.

It's pretty rubbish that the app explicit purpose of improving your bedtime routine doesn't do the important part of reminding you to go to bed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.