Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
My front door lock in the new Home.app is showing in the control center and in the app itself as "not supported" however the ecobee3 is working fine. the front door lock is a Schlage Sense and is properly logged into and can be controlled through the Schlage app and also through Siri on iOS 10. The app however shows it as unsupported. Is there a way to get this to show as supported? Am I missing something? Or is this on Schlage to rectify with iOS 10 being new.

Reactions: mustang52

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My front door lock in the new Home.app is showing in the control center and in the app itself as "not supported" however the ecobee3 is working fine. the front door lock is a Schlage Sense and is properly logged into and can be controlled through the Schlage app and also through Siri on iOS 10. The app however shows it as unsupported. Is there a way to get this to show as supported? Am I missing something? Or is this on Schlage to rectify with iOS 10 being new.

Probably a bit of both Apple and Schlage. Maybe a bit more on Apple's side. Since the app is brand spanking new and guaranteed probably not finished.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
thats what i figured, thanks.

anyone else using Schlage sense have it show as not supported but is indeed working?
[doublepost=1466135133][/doublepost]never mind, it must be a bug. i was fiddling with the Home.app and was able to get it to recognize the lock. The button changed from "not supported" to showing its proper status. I was able to then properly lock/unlock it. went to control center to check there and the "not supported" popped up again and the button changed to reflect this and unable to press it.

WOW its weird, i can sorta force touch (on an iPhone 5S) to get into a settings menu for the lock which says a firmware update needs to be done to make it work (there isn't one, it actually works fine), after exiting this menu the lock works as it should in the Home.app, but broken in the control center.

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang52

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Have you tried controlling your ecobee from your control center? Pretty neat. You can control the temperature from there without even going to the app, just 3D Touch and go from there.But yeah, my August lock isn't supported yet. It's beta 1 , give them time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.