Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
My main phone is an iPhone 6s Plus but I have a spare iPhone 6.

Everything is buttery smooth on the 6 but apps closing and opening on the 6s Plus kinda lags.

I have to add it is a fresh install on the 6 and an update on the 6s Plus so maybe that's why..

What's everyone's experience with their device?

RDowson

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Probably because you upgraded. Do a clean install on the 6S Plus, or just wipe it and then install the provisioning profile again so you can get future beta updates.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Yeah, I had to do fresh install on my 6s due to many issues it was having. Only bad thing so far is that I lost all my text message history and didn't save a few of the numbers :-(

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Is it working fine now? I would hate to lose all my info :-/

Yes it is working much better than expected and I now have a reason to get back into trying to learn to code (made it about 3-4 months in before I became frustrated when I hit a knowledge road block). My one and only complaint so far was that I had to set up as new and lost my text message history. I wish there was a way to access this from the back up that I did but I don't know of one.

On my 6s I am truly loving the changes/updates.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Mine is okish on 6S Plus. It feels more Androidy... more like Xiaomi heavy skin.

The upscaling+downscaling madness in 5.5" devices is the root cause. I cannot even imagine how 6 Plus owners will feel like.

This is the first beta and they have 3-4 (12 months) to smooth things out. I expect it to be smooth by June next year.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Slugish on my 6s+ too. Also respring happened 3 times today.
That's unfortunate to hear as it is darn near perfect on my 6s minus some minor sluggishness in certain places. Did you do a fresh install or just update? I was having problems doing it as an update and after a fresh install it has been worlds better.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
Mine is okish on 6S Plus. It feels more Androidy... more like Xiaomi heavy skin.

The upscaling+downscaling madness in 5.5" devices is the root cause. I cannot even imagine how 6 Plus owners will feel like.

This is the first beta and they have 3-4 (12 months) to smooth things out. I expect it to be smooth by June next year.
iOS 10 will be released in September/October. They only have 3-4 months, but this is the first beta and it will be smooth in time for the general release.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
So what's the verdict here? For a Beta 1, it's working quite well on my 6s Plus. Notice quite a few lags and stalls overall, but I also did an OTA upgrade from iOS 9.3.2. Will doing a clean install and reinstalling the beta profiles remedy some of the stutter or should I leave it be and wait for future beta releases?

Thanks in advance. Loving all the rich notifications and design tweaks.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
So what's the verdict here? For a Beta 1, it's working quite well on my 6s Plus. Notice quite a few lags and stalls overall, but I also did an OTA upgrade from iOS 9.3.2. Will doing a clean install and reinstalling the beta profiles remedy some of the stutter or should I leave it be and wait for future beta releases?

Thanks in advance. Loving all the rich notifications and design tweaks.
I say leave it for now, seems typical for the plus versions.

Reactions: Statusnone88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.