Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
wanna load iOS 10 on my iPhone 6, but don't want it to effect my notifications and stuff on the watch. anyone using them? notifications working ok? any issues?

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
It's been working perfectly with me over the last few days. I've probably had a little higher battery drain on my phone over the corresponding iOS9 period, but nothing major. I've actually updated to OS3 (last night), so I guess we'll see how that goes...

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
My watch does a lot quicker.

I have had 4-5 bugs I can reproduce on iOS, but nothing enough to make me revert. Some things is some Bluetooth devices are super choppy, when in a call, it's hard for me to end it if I was looking at something while talking, the sleep button hangs up on a call when I'm on a Bluetooth ear piece, when I type in this forum on my phon i only see the very bottom of the page so can't proof read, a few app crashes here and there.

To be honest, my list looks worse than it really is. For beta one, I'm happy overall.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Honestly watchOS 3 is working pretty well. It's worth trying out.

There is a reason why watchOS doesn't have a public beta. I would never encourage people to openly install watchOS beta ever. Look at all the complaints and people getting angry that iOS betas are buggy because they aren't a finished product. And you can easily back out of that. The watchOS betas you cannot. You either live with it or send it to Apple to get reverted back to release software. People would rage so hard that "Apple broke their watch" and have to go without their watch for 1-2 weeks while it's being sent back to be reverted.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I know that this isn't directly related to your question but I took a chance and put watch os 3 on my device and it is really great for a first beta. One weird thing on both betas was the first day it was awesome with little to no issues. The second day my watch was going bonkers and had to do several hard restarts. The weird thing is day 3 and beyond have been acting flawlessly. Almost like with the new os's were doing a lot of background organizing or whatever that was causing problems that worked themselves out after a day.

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
I'm using iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 and watchOS 2.2.1 and I have no major issues with it. Notifications come in fine and I can still take phone calls on the watch. The new iMessage features won't appear in watchOS 2 but that's pretty much it.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
There is a reason why watchOS doesn't have a public beta. I would never encourage people to openly install watchOS beta ever. Look at all the complaints and people getting angry that iOS betas are buggy because they aren't a finished product. And you can easily back out of that. The watchOS betas you cannot. You either live with it or send it to Apple to get reverted back to release software. People would rage so hard that "Apple broke their watch" and have to go without their watch for 1-2 weeks while it's being sent back to be reverted.
I think it's silly for people to rage on betas. I'm just saying....

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
iOS 10 and watch 2.2.1 works fine. I was tempted to upgrade to watchOS 3 but I use my watch too much and if something was to go wrong I would have to send to Apple to fix. Ill just wait for the official release

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
I have found that wifi calling is really buggy and only works for a few minutes after a phone reboot.
[doublepost=1466383936][/doublepost]
I agree, but spend a few minutes in the iOS beta sub forum. People rage over there ALL the time. It's crazy.

I see people complain and cry enough on all the other forums here, not sure if their sites are as whiny or not...

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
There's gonna be a public beta for both iOS and watchOS in July.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There's gonna be a public beta for both iOS and watchOS in July.

Wrong. watchOS is not coming to the Public Beta Program. You can't downgrade watchOS like you can with iOS if any major issues arise. This has always been the case for watchOS and will continue to be true (proof being that during the keynote they specifically said sign up for beta after talking about each iOS and macOS and never mentioned to do so after talking about tvOS and watchOS.)

iOS and macOS are the only two OS's in the Public Beta Program, leaving out tvOS and watchOS.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Wrong. watchOS is not coming to the Public Beta Program. You can't downgrade watchOS like you can with iOS if any major issues arise. This has always been the case for watchOS and will continue to be true (proof being that during the keynote they specifically said sign up for beta after talking about each iOS and macOS and never mentioned to do so after talking about tvOS and watchOS.)

iOS and macOS are the only two OS's in the Public Beta Program, leaving out tvOS and watchOS.
On further reading, you are correct. I know that was true last year but I'm pretty sure I read the watch was coming too. I thought it was strange because you can't currently downgrade but figured maybe they worked out a solution for that; guess not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.