Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdcharleston

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
View attachment 636824 I found it to be running much smoother now that I have done a full erase then restore from back up. The friends activity apps it working like it should, before it wouldn't show their progress. My phone would freeze periodically and now that has stopped. Also, you're gonna have to restore your Apple Watch as backup to see you're friends activity. So iPhone 1st then the watch.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
This...

I was having freeze up issues since I installed the beta on Friday but I did an erase/restore last night and set up as a new phone. Much much better!

What's even weirder is that my iPad Pro 12.9 had no issues with the OTA update.

Reactions: mrdcharleston

mrdcharleston

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
This...

I was having freeze up issues since I installed the beta on Friday but I did an erase/restore last night and set up as a new phone. Much much better!

Yeah I was having crazy problems like my phone would get hot
This...

My phone doesn't lag anymore when trying to multitask, my apps aren't crashing, and my internet isn't acting up. I recommend everyone who download the beta to do it.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Mine actually has gotten better every day without any restore or anything else I predicte that there was a lot of background activities running such as photo optimization and such that was causing massive battery drain and sluggishness. The past two or three days I have had near zero issues with the watch or phone initially the watch was crashing 2-3 times a day and is now running almost perfectly and I didn't do any restore on it. Only problem with the phone anymore is the occasional 3rd party app crash. Mainly Facebook but I don't use it often enough to.care. Oh and the only annoying issue is I can't see what I am typing on forums as it jumps to the bottom of the screen

mrdcharleston

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
Mine actually has gotten better every day without any restore or anything else I predicte that there was a lot of background activities running such as photo optimization and such that was causing massive battery drain and sluggishness. The past two or three days I have had near zero issues with the watch or phone initially the watch was crashing 2-3 times a day and is now running almost perfectly and I didn't do any restore on it. Only problem with the phone anymore is the occasional 3rd party app crash. Mainly Facebook but I don't use it often enough to.care. Oh and the only annoying issue is I can't see what I am typing on forums as it jumps to the bottom of the screen

Does your friends activity work?

mrdcharleston

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
Don't have friends lol I kid. But I don't have many friends with a watch and even less that are on the new os

What about when you multitask, does it lag any?
[doublepost=1466355260][/doublepost]If you want, you can add my as a friend to see if it works?

Reactions: nooaah

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I don't have any, I mean it's running super smooth. I know it's a long process to restore your phone and watch but the end result you'll be happy.

That's awesome it is working so well for you know but I'll swear up and down that both my devices worked themselves out after a day or so without any restore. Just wish I could see what I'm typing in forums lol. Good thing is that predictive text is working so darn well I can type most sentences without actually typing anything.

mrdcharleston

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
That's awesome it is working so well for you know but I'll swear up and down that both my devices worked themselves out after a day or so without any restore. Just wish I could see what I'm typing in forums lol. Good thing is that predictive text is working so darn well I can type most sentences without actually typing anything.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
I updated OTA and found the phone slow and draining in battery the first few days. The last 3-4 days though it's been at iOS 9 levels of speed and stability. Guess it was indexing and doing some of the intelligent learning stuff to start with.

Loving iOS 10 so far but lord above let's see Dark Mode:

xatxcap.png

mrdcharleston

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
I updated OTA and found the phone slow and draining in battery the first few days. The last 3-4 days though it's been at iOS 9 levels of speed and stability. Guess it was indexing and doing some of the intelligent learning stuff to start with.

Loving iOS 10 so far but lord above let's see Dark Mode:

xatxcap.png
Amen to that!

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Tried this this afternoon as couple of annoying minor bugs since upgrading on Tuesday. Backed up, erased and restored and now much better, and had no resprings or crashes yet

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I continue to be plagued with battery life issues, can't make it a full day anymore and not really using the phone much. on 9.3.2 I could go 1-1.5 days easily, even using the phone more. So, something is going on in the background.

I also have the issue still with the springboard search not showing up or intermittently, seems to have something to do with reduce motion being ON, but then sometimes even when I turn it off I cannot get it to work. Reboot fixes it.

It's pretty laggy still, but I'll let it cook a few more days before pulling the plug. How soon with a beta 2 be coming?

Reactions: CosmicDice

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I continue to be plagued with battery life issues, can't make it a full day anymore and not really using the phone much. on 9.3.2 I could go 1-1.5 days easily, even using the phone more. So, something is going on in the background.

I also have the issue still with the springboard search not showing up or intermittently, seems to have something to do with reduce motion being ON, but then sometimes even when I turn it off I cannot get it to work. Reboot fixes it.

It's pretty laggy still, but I'll let it cook a few more days before pulling the plug. How soon with a beta 2 be coming?

Just go back to 9.3.2. No point upgrading to a developer release if you aren't developer.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I've also found that those problems worked themselves out in a day or so - lots of background things going on

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
On my iPhone 6s the beta runs fine. Of course with the occasional things going one, but overall it is much and much better compared to the first few betas of iOS 9 last year. Apple really made some steps forward.

Having said that, the thing that bothers me most is when I'm in WhatsApp and open the app switcher, it freezes for around five seconds. Since I'm aware that it's a beta I can't really complain however. So I won't do that. :p Anyway, it runs very well. Just a few things, but that is to be expected with a beta. And like I said before, for a first beta Apple did some remarkable job with iOS 10. Gives me confidence in what the final release will perform like. :)

By the way I didn't do a restore or something. Just, right from iOS 9 to iOS 10 beta 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.