Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexsmbaratti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
One of the features I was really looking forward to was CallKit. Stuff like having full screen notifications from Skype, call using VoIP from contacts, and having caller ID from the lock screen. Can anyone tell me if they have found any apps that have supported this? I saw the demos, but those don't always mean they'll be a real feature.

Simon86

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
WhatsApp is now using CallKit, enabling you to answer WhatsApp calls from the lock screen like a regular call.

Reactions: IGI2

Praetorian®

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Czech Republic
WhatsApp is now using CallKit, enabling you to answer WhatsApp calls from the lock screen like a regular call.

I was really looking forward to this feature and yes, WhatsApp released an update yesterday to enable this. However, it seems that Apple decided not to allow the feature for my iPhone 5. For... reasons...

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
CallKit and Siri :)

IMG_1189.PNG

fortheus

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
It seems requires background app refresh to be on for the app. My wife use iphone 5 and it works

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Facebook Messenger has this now, although still rolling out to all accounts. (Don't know why every new feature they add, has to rollout first)

wildcat1

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Acrobits updated their soft phone app today as well for callkit functionality which is cool because you can use it on multiple VOIP services

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.