Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
got an error about 1/4 through which led to a freeze of installation. Had to start over by doing hard restart. Anyone else having issues?
[doublepost=1465867731][/doublepost]try two and and "unknown error" again

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
got an error about 1/4 through which led to a freeze of installation. Had to start over by doing hard restart. Anyone else having issues?
[doublepost=1465867731][/doublepost]try two and and "unknown error" again

Did you get this figured out? I was getting an error 14 because I didn't have Xcode installed on my Mac when installing using the IPSW file. As soon as I installed Xcode, my iPhone updated correctly.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Did you get this figured out? I was getting an error 14 because I didn't have Xcode installed on my Mac when installing using the IPSW file. As soon as I installed Xcode, my iPhone updated correctly.

Just found that info on another site. installing it now, thanks for your input!
[doublepost=1465869428][/doublepost]

well made it further than before and still loading. seems downloading Xcode did the trick. was gonna have to download it anyways, just didn't do it first.

EDIT: success!
[doublepost=1465869727][/doublepost]

did you restore from back up after it installed correctly?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.