Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starvision1970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

I have just installed the iOS 10 Developer Preview on a new iPad Pro.

After the installation the following native apps do not launch:

• Keynote
  • Pages
  • Numbers
  • iMovie
  • iTunesU
  • GarageBand

The app window opens for just a split second and then disappears.

Have any body experienced something like this?

Thank you.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Try rebooting your device (holding the Power button and Home button together until the Apple logo appears.

All those apps launch and run on my iPad Pro 12.9" on iOS 10 beta. (Couldn't check iTunes U because I removed it, but I would assume it would also launch and run if all the others have as well)

Starvision1970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Hi lagwagon,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I tried that, but they still didn't work.
I was able to making Pages, Keynote and Numbers work by uninstalling and reinstalling them, however iTunesU was not fixed by this.

I don't really know what else to do.
Maybe I just have to wait that's a more stable beta comes out or Apple updates their apps.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi lagwagon,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I tried that, but they still didn't work.
I was able to making Pages, Keynote and Numbers work by uninstalling and reinstalling them, however iTunesU was not fixed by this.

I don't really know what else to do.
Maybe I just have to wait that's a more stable beta comes out or Apple updates their apps.

A better beta build will happen far sooner than Apple releasing an update to the apps for iOS 10.

Apps with new OS specific updates can't be released until the OS itself is released.

Something else might be causing it. All the apps launch and work on my iPhone 6 and iPad Pro and I'm sure they do for many others. So it isn't a widespread issue and something more isolated.

Another thing to try is to reset your settings (Make sure you don't do the reset and wipe) under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. (Again do not accidentally tap Reset All Content and Settings)

It might be a bit of a pain having to redo your settings (depending on how many you've tweaked) but it usually does the trick for quite a few issues when updating the OS.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Hi,

I have just installed the iOS 10 Developer Preview on a new iPad Pro.

After the installation the following native apps do not launch:

• Keynote
  • Pages
  • Numbers
  • iMovie
  • iTunesU
  • GarageBand

The app window opens for just a split second and then disappears.

Have any body experienced something like this?

Thank you.

These all work just fine for me on an iPad Pro 9.7 running Dev Beta 1. Downloaded each app just to make sure. Your problem is more device specific, and probably needs some troubleshooting. Have you deleted and re-downloaded each? Have you tried resetting settings as the poster above mentioned?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.