Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davroths

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
I have the 6S+ and have just upgraded to iOS 10. Both of my Gmail accounts are linked to iOS mail and in settings are set to archive to server (gmail's all mail) upon discard. Under IOS 9, one click in the archive icon at bottom of a mail in the mail app would immediately archive correctly.

Now with 10, there are 2 issues/bugs.

1) on short clicking the icon, an interim popup appears offering options of archive or cancel. This is an unnecessary extra step and should be removed (long click still takes me to the archive/trash/cancel popup)

2) however, clicking on the archive text (short or long click route) results in my mail going to TRASH. This looks to be a BUG. Very frustrating as I now need to manually move to ALLMAIL mails now incorrectly in the TRASH

(Fyi In the snippet view, swiping to the left seems to archive correctly)

Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas if there is a hack to get around this??

tricil

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
Yes I've noticed this too!

What I do to fix it is to go into mail settings for the account and redefine the archive behavior

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.