Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAWB25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
I don't have a device I'm able to use with the beta of iOS 10 and was wondering if anyone could inform me whether there's an option to set the alarm volume separate from media and ringer volume? I really appreciate any information you can provide and any relevant screenshots. :)

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
There's a way to separate ringer AND alerts (which I believe includes alarms) from media, but not just a separate "alarm" volume. If you go to the settings app and go to "sounds", turn off the "change with buttons" toggle and turn ringer and alerts up full. Then when you adjust your volume it'll just adjust whatever you're currently watching/listening to.

Not sure if this is what you wanted?

Reactions: QuarterSwede

JAWB25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
There's a way to separate ringer AND alerts (which I believe includes alarms) from media, but not just a separate "alarm" volume. If you go to the settings app and go to "sounds", turn off the "change with buttons" toggle and turn ringer and alerts up full. Then when you adjust your volume it'll just adjust whatever you're currently watching/listening to.

Not sure if this is what you wanted?

Hmm, that's a useful feature, but I'm hoping to be able to set a certain alarm volume that will remain constant, whether I change the ringer or media volume. I like to keep ringer and alerts quiet (I like the keyboard sound and want to receive notification sounds), but want to have alarm volume maximum — I sometimes will miss an alarm or sleep through an alarm because I forget to turn up the ringer / alerts volume at the end of the day.

I hope that's more clear. I really appreciate all the responses. :)

Reactions: v0lume4

JAWB25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
If you use the new Bedtime feature, when setting it up, there is a separate slider, just for your alarm volume.

I was wondering if you / anyone could post a screenshot of the new alarm volume slider? I'm also curious if it stays the volume you set and doesn't change with the general ringer and media volume controls. I hope they expand this function to the regular alarms as well or individual alarms.

JAWB25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
I found this while searching for more information.
http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/u...ake-sure-you-always-get-enough-sleep-0171793/
636016187506976386.jpg

Reactions: AeroZ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.