Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I have one Visual Voicemail (wrong number), on my new iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.2.1 keep popping back up almost immediately after I delete it. I've searched the Internet for a fix and discovered this same issue in previous iOS's. I contacted my carrier and they show no voicemails for me on their side and they tried some troubleshooting to no avail. Anyone else having this same issue?

Last edited:

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
I wish that I could help you with this. I had the exact same thing and I don't remember what I did to get rid of it. Have you gotten any voicemails since? I think that is how I was able to delete it. Can your carrier reset your mailbox?

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, my carrier reset things on their end and ran me through some troubleshooting, nothing worked. I've even called my cell on another phone and left myself voicemails and was able to delete them. My carrier, T-Mobile, said they could replace my phone if no fix is found even though even said it was an iOS10 issue. But I really don't want to have to go through the setup process all over again with a new phone.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Now all of a sudden out of the blue I was able to delete the voicemail and keep it deleted. Very odd.

Ebbole

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
Happened to me just now. Enter airplane mode. then can delete and clear. Not sure if it works with all models and OS.

Reactions: Ctrix65513

Ctrix65513

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
Happened to me just now. Enter airplane mode. then can delete and clear. Not sure if it works with all models and OS.

Thank you so much for this! Not only did it work to delete a visual voicemail that kept reappearing despite confirming with my carrier my voicemail was empty but it also worked to permanently delete an email that kept reappearing no matter how many times I deleted it (also confirmed email never existed on the server with my ESP). Airplane mode FTW!

bursonj

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2018
I'm not sure if it was the several attempts of the 'airplane mode fix' or if it was my overzealous take on the 'airplane mode fix' that finally allowed the voicemails to stay deleted on my iphone.

After switching on airplane mode, quickly checking all of the messages I wanted to delete, selecting 'delete', then selecting 'clear all' I immediately shut down the iphone. I got itunes running, plugged in the iphone, and immediately synced it upon turning it back on.

Before I did this, the voicemail messages would reappear.

cinders7

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2018
I'm not sure if it was the several attempts of the 'airplane mode fix' or if it was my overzealous take on the 'airplane mode fix' that finally allowed the voicemails to stay deleted on my iphone.

After switching on airplane mode, quickly checking all of the messages I wanted to delete, selecting 'delete', then selecting 'clear all' I immediately shut down the iphone. I got itunes running, plugged in the iphone, and immediately synced it upon turning it back on.

Before I did this, the voicemail messages would reappear.
It worked when I deleted the repeated VM's then switched my phone off then back on. They were gone.

Gfree3377

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2018
I have one Visual Voicemail (wrong number), on my new iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.2.1 keep popping back up almost immediately after I delete it. I've searched the Internet for a fix and discovered this same issue in previous iOS's. I contacted my carrier and they show no voicemails for me on their side and they tried some troubleshooting to no avail. Anyone else having this same issue?
[doublepost=1519869438][/doublepost]The airplane mode works. Set it to airplane mode then delete the voicemail. Worked like a charm!

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
[doublepost=1519869438][/doublepost]
The airplane mode works. Set it to airplane mode then delete the voicemail. Worked like a charm!
My thread was over a year ago...it's been fixed since then.

mdmpress

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2013
My thread was over a year ago...it's been fixed since then.
It took dozens of tries before it finally stayed deleted. Verizon said it saw no voicemails but it still showed on phone. The Airplane Mode doesn't always work. What on earth is wrong with Apple????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.