Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sbishop84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
I have a IPad Pro 9.7” iPad and it’s running iOS 11. I’m trying to download iOS 11.0.1but for some reason it’s no pt showing up. Is anyone else having this issue? I have no profiles installed and I’ve restarted my iPad several times.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
That's very odd. Have you tried updating via iTunes instead of OTA (if OTA is what you started with in the first place)? Sometimes wiring in and searching via that brings up the new software when OTA flakes out.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have a IPad Pro 9.7” iPad and it’s running iOS 11. I’m trying to download iOS 11.0.1but for some reason it’s no pt showing up. Is anyone else having this issue? I have no profiles installed and I’ve restarted my iPad several times.
Do you have an Apple beta profile installed?

Reactions: spitf1r3

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
I have the beta profile installed on my IPP 9.7” and I’m not seeing any update.

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
Why can't we see it if we have the Beta profile installed? Surely a Beta version should update to a newer version, whether it is beta or not. Why keep us on an old beta when some of the beta bugs have probably been fixed already. Sounds strange to me.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
Why can't we see it if we have the Beta profile installed? Surely a Beta version should update to a newer version, whether it is beta or not. Why keep us on an old beta when some of the beta bugs have probably been fixed already. Sounds strange to me.
Apparently it isn't seen because they're pulled from different servers. Since you're on the newest beta/version (and there is no new beta presently), the phone thinks you're on the latest software.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems that the beta profile points to an update sever that only gets beta updates.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
the beta program leading up to ios11 is over; so you remove the profile, reboot... and join the world of official updates... until the next betas come. then you start that over... ad infinitum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.