Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you see the black vertical lines in control center ?

• Total voters

bashman2020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
somewhere on earth
79A0FDDB-DC11-480E-9631-3901E15D382E.png

Has anyone noticed the black vertical lines that appear on a complete black picture in the new control center ?! Note this is only peculiar to iOS 11.0.3

Steps to see the bug
1. Go over a complete black picture while your phone screen brightness is turned on to full . N.B. It has to be a complete black picture (#000 color hex code)
2. Then swipe up on that black picture the control center
3. You'll see heavy black or gray vertical lines at the edges of your screen as seen in the screenshot attached to this thread

4. Take a screenshot to see properly !

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Is this a real thing? You are putting together a strategic plan of something no one will ever do to see something wrong? LOL

dreib

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2018
View attachment 727069

Has anyone noticed the black vertical lines that appear on a complete black picture in the new control center ?! Note this is only peculiar to iOS 11.0.3

Steps to see the bug
1. Go over a complete black picture while your phone screen brightness is turned on to full . N.B. It has to be a complete black picture (#000 color hex code)
3. You'll see heavy black or gray vertical lines at the edges of your screen as seen in the screenshot attached to this thread

View attachment 727069

Steps to see the bug

Hey i see the lines. My iphone 8 plus i got the other day does the same thing. You can see it more on a grey screen. If you download this app called "screen checker" and test it on the grey screen you will be able to see the lines a lot more. I did test it on my mom's 6s plus and it does the same thing too, so im not sure if this is a operating system thing or a hardware defect. When i put a completely gray picture on the screen other than that screen testing app, it does it too just not to the same extreme.

Curious if you ever went in to the apple store to get them to look at it and swap it it? Im thinking of going today but i dont know if its really worth it to play the exchange game and get a potentially worse phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.