Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fjarl

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2015
Opening Safari on an iPad Pro 12.9 is still stuttering if you’ve opened another app in between. Extra obvious because of the 120hz screen. A bit disappointing to be honest, should be perfectly smooth by now one would think.

msephton

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom, Europe
I am still having the issue where sharing to twitter via the share sheet things I have no twitter accounts set up. I’ve just uninstalled and reinstalled twitter and it’s made no difference
Twitter bug. They need to push a new version of their app that doesn't check for the non-existent accounts.

I read this on the Twitter support website.

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
Weather widget still doesn't update as it should when you swipe to the widgets screen and remaining emails badge doesn't update either when going thru emails. It's sad that this is the GM.

Reactions: nordique

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
3d touch lag, home button delay, frequent frame drops. Honestly this is a trash update for iPhone 7. Going back to ios 10.3.3 till 11.3 or something.

Whats the best way to restore to ios 10 and set up as new?

Reactions: g75d3 and joshen

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
3d touch lag, home button delay, frequent frame drops. Honestly this is a trash update for iPhone 7. Going back to ios 10.3.3 till 11.3 or something.

Whats the best way to restore to ios 10 and set up as new?

Backup. Put iPhone in DFU mode and restore with iTunes as new. You have plenty of time till Sept 19 when it released and few days after before Apple stop signing 10.3.3

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
I am loving it on my iPhone 7 so far. It’s very fluid people. No lag whatsoever. Also there is no 3D Touch lay that people have been talking about.

I had never installed any beta and I updated through iTunes. Go for it
Guys. It can get only better and is really good for x.0 version.

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
So they removed 3D Touch multitasking because of the iPhone X, but didn't include an alternative for everyone not on their new flagship phone.

Now, I don't really buy into the whole planned obsolescence thing normally, buy this is just plain old stupid. Why remove a feature to make room for another feature, if the other feature doesn't apply on most phones?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I am loving it on my iPhone 7 so far. It’s very fluid people. No lag whatsoever. Also there is no 3D Touch lay that people have been talking about.

I had never installed any beta and I updated through iTunes. Go for it
Guys. It can get only better and is really good for x.0 version.

That is what I've been telling others to update it through iTunes since there is less chances of problem than OTA. There is a lag or stutter for 3D touch but no lag whatsoever for unlocking with Touch ID.

ivanoffiOS

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2017
Bulgaria
Hey, guys... I have some problem/bug on my 5S. When i scroll up Control Center to turn off Wi-Fi its shows up disconnect... i go in settings and its turn on, wtf?!?! Same with blutooth. Its needed to go in settings and turn off from there.

Reactions: humar

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
You people will never be satisfied. EVER. I'm guessing much of your life is a disappointment. I'm running the GM and have zero issues. It's great and I'm very happy with it. There's no lag because I don't measure my happiness in milliseconds. You shouldn't either. :D

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Weather widget still doesn't update as it should when you swipe to the widgets screen and remaining emails badge doesn't update either when going thru emails. It's sad that this is the GM.
Must be the Apple junk apps. My gmail and yahoo and also weather channel all update as they should. Badge count reduces as I delete.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Hey, guys... I have some problem/bug on my 5S. When i scroll up Control Center to turn off Wi-Fi its shows up disconnect... i go in settings and its turn on, wtf?!?! Same with blutooth. Its needed to go in settings and turn off from there.
It disconnects you from the current network but WiFi is still on. Let’s say you’re connected to WiFi at Starbucks and turn it off from control center, then when you get home it automatically connects you to the home WiFi.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I’m happy with it. It’s ahead of iOS 10, at the same point in my opinion. Things will eventually straighten out for the performance folks, then we’ll be seeing the same comments how iOS 11 is awesome and iOS 12 is horrible.

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
There’s a very slight lag, that could easily be fixed in a .x update. This happenes every year, it happened with iOS 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Yup, every year that there's a new phone. It gets fixed when Apple knows less and less people will buy their new flagship.

Reactions: madara889

Agent2015

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Sonoran Desert
Installed iOS 11 GM on my iPhone 7 Plus and 2017 iPad. Very pleased with performance on both devices. Fluid with no lag anywhere. For those waiting to test iOS 11 now is the time! By the way, I did a full download of the IPSW for both devices then installed via iTunes, Option+Update. Smooth and fast install. I will now start monitoring battery drain for the next 24 hours. If my experience is similar to Beta 10 I will be very happy as I was getting excellent battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.