Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Wandaved01

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Using the iPhone 7 Plus.

Updated via public release yesterday. So far so good. Minor bugs in messages (quick reply doesn’t always work), 3D Touch is quite laggy. Battery life isn’t horrendous, but I do lose battery life faster in comparison to 10.3.3.

I’ll update later this evening with further findings
I'm also having this issue. (quick reply from lock screen doesn’t work) Does anyone have a fix or replication of this issue?

krishnajha

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2015
Nowhere
When there is an app recently updated, the blue dot will change color and tickle when you pull out notification centre and then pull it back up slowly, you can see it doing that.
It was happening with some apps on my 7 Plus.

Reactions: fawkes81

Impatientmac

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2016
issues I've experienced on ios 11 on an iPhone 8

• app orientation not correct when opening an app and flipping phone. This has also happened to my home screen.
  • quick battery drain
  • occasional issues not unlocking when I press the home button to wake. (this worries me that they messed something up when integrating face id)
  • Syncing with my computer has also been a pain, but that was more because iCloud is on by default for almost everything (not a bug just a complaint about ios 11)

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
One thing I also absolutely hate is when you get a notification and tap on it and it stays right on the lockscreen instead of taking you to the app :|

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
I may have found my first bug in IOS 11 on my Iphone 7. My calendar seems to be getting quite random in which event alerts it wants to let me know about. I missed one again this morning. No banner, sound or anything. This is getting all to common. Never did it before. They are in my list for the day, but I may not be able to rely on it and should start checking my schedule of events better. Kinda a bummer as I really liked getting my alerts for upcoming events :(
[doublepost=1506369393][/doublepost]
One thing I also absolutely hate is when you get a notification and tap on it and it stays right on the lockscreen instead of taking you to the app :|
Tapping has never worked for me but a slide to the right always does.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
Weird new glitch: just popped open a folder (nearly one page filled), and all icons shifted to the lower right corner out of view - retaining their original size. I could only see my top left app icon.

pedrowerner

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2016
iPhone SE
3c060de9a53e745bdd2800d8f54d7101.jpg

fawkes81

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2017
When there is an app recently updated, the blue dot will change color and tickle when you pull out notification centre and then pull it back up slowly, you can see it doing that.
It was happening with some apps on my 7 Plus.

Yes, i noticed that yesterday and its really bad.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015

A glitch to disable animation on iOS 11
[doublepost=1506403939][/doublepost]Looks like Apple is using Google as a default search engine. Did everyone knows? You can select default search engine in Safari settings too.
Yes! Praying the springboard glitch doesn’t get fixed immediately. This is a lot easier to do that that last Control Center trick.

Edit: after 5 minutes the glitch stopped working (didn’t restart my phone) and trying to replicate it now causes my phone to lock up. Bummer.

Last edited:

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
7+. iOS 11.

Having issues with staying connected to internet. Charge phone to 100% and in the morning it’s at 60-70% and stuck on no internet connection (orange text below wifi network)? Will stay that way, until I slide WiFi off/on. Nothing obvious in battery logs. Have tried everything. Resets, restores, etc. Been trying to troubleshoot for a few days.

When I charge wife’s 6+, always on 100% in morning and connected. She’s on 10.3.3.

I’ve attached a pic showing what I see. General pic from Apples support site.

Anyone having this issue? Any tips really appreciated. Frustrating. Thanks.
Last update on this issue.

After trying everything to troubleshoot this, I swapped out my modem/router and all is good now.

It's a Sweet Cake

Suspended
Sep 24, 2017

A glitch to disable animation on iOS 11
[doublepost=1506403939][/doublepost]Looks like Apple is using Google as a default search engine. Did everyone knows? You can select default search engine in Safari settings too.
Thanks a lot! Much better without these laggy animations.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Is anyone else experiencing beeping when using a bluetooth headset every time you touch something? If I'm listening to music, and go into a whats app conversation, it beeps. Also, if I click on a gif to view, it beeps uncontrollably. Is there a fix?

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Is anyone else experiencing beeping when using a bluetooth headset every time you touch something? If I'm listening to music, and go into a whats app conversation, it beeps. Also, if I click on a gif to view, it beeps uncontrollably. Is there a fix?
Had this happen quite a bit and sometimes it goes away. I would try forgetting the device and re-pairing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.