Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
iOS 11.4.1 Beta 3

Release Date ― June 18, 2018
Build Number ―15G5072a
Darwin Kernel Version ― 17.7.0: Tue Jun 12 20:37:30 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.70.24~9\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8015

Report all issues at bugreport.apple.com or with the Feedback app.

New Features & Changes
New Issues
Remaining Issues

• 3D Touch doesn't work on an Apple News link outside of the News app
  • Toggle on and off Settings>Notification>FaceTime>Show as Banner will crash Settings app
  • Clash Royale bug on iPhone X only; Open Clash Royale, Go to card collection but nowhere else, set your brightness to zero. It will start to stutter. You can make it smooth again using multiple methods; 1. start screen recording, 2. increase brightness, or 3. enable smart invert. Such an illogical iOS bug. Sometimes, making a screenshot will trigger the lag as well as getting a notification; this will sometimes either stop or start the stuttering
  • Clicking on a folder multiple times quickly will result in a glitch.
  • Initiating music playback on Apple Watch is partially fixed
Resolved Issues
Additional Notes

• Qualcomm iPhone 7/7 Plus: 3.70.00
  • Intel iPhone 7/7 Plus: 2.03.12
  • Qualcomm iPhone 8/8 Plus/X: 1.93.00
  • Intel iPhone 8/8 Plus/X: 1.04.80
  • iPhone 6/6 Plus/SE: 6.80.00
  • iPhone 6S/6S Plus: 4.60.00
  • iPhone 5S: 8.55.00
United States
  • Verizon - 32.0
  • Verizon iPads - 30.5
  • T-Mobile - 32.0
  • T-Mobile iPads - 32.0
  • AT&T - 32.0.1
  • MetroPCS -
  • U.S. Cellular - 30.5.1
  • Sprint - 32.0
  • TracFone/Straight Talk - 32.0.1
United Kingdom
  • O2-UK - 32.0
  • BT-UK - 32.0
  • Three - 32.0
  • EE - 32.1
  • Vodafone UK - 32.0
Belgium
  • Orange B - 32.0
Canada
  • Videotron -
  • Rogers - 32.0
  • Fido - 32.0
  • Bell -
  • Telus - 32.0
  • Freedom Mobile - 31.1
France
  • Orange France - 31.5.1
  • Orange Morocco - 31.5
Germany
  • O2-DE -
  • Vodafone.de - 32.0
  • Telekom.de - 31.5.3
Netherlands
  • KPN -
Southeast Asia
  • Singapore Singtel -
  • Philippines Globe - 32.0
  • Philippines Smart - 31.5
  • Thailand AIS -
  • Malaysia Umobile - 32.0
  • Malaysia Maxis -32.0
  • Malaysia Digi -
  • Malaysia celcom -
Sweden
  • Comviq -
  • Tre - 31.0
Ireland
  • Meteor
Australia
  • Optus - 32.0
  • Telstra - 32.0
Turkey
  • Turkcell (Lifecell) - 32.0
  • Vodafone TR - 32.0
  • Turk Telekom - 32.0
Poland
  • T-Mobile -
  • Orange - 32.0
  • Play - 31.0
India
  • Airtel - 32.0
  • Jio - 32.1 (previously 32)
Mexico
  • Mexico - Telcel - 32.0
Guatemala
  • TIGO GT -32.0
Other
  • Docomo - 32.1
  • AlwaysOnline -

Attachments

• iOS_11.4.1_beta_3_Release_Notes.pdf
    114.1 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Remaining Issues to test if it applies to this build
  • 3D Touch doesn't work on an Apple News link outside of the News app
  • Toggle on and off Settings>Notification>FaceTime>Show as Banner will crash Settings app
  • Unable to initiate playback via Watch
  • Clash Royale bug on iPhone X only; set your brightness to zero. It will lag. You can make it smooth again using multiple methods; 1. start screen recording, 2. increase brightness, or 3. enable smart invert. Such an illogical iOS bug. Sometimes, making a screenshot will trigger the lag as well as getting a notification; this will sometimes either stop or start the stuttering.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Can someone test if the bug with Control Center background blur is fixed. This is pretty much repeatable. I reported to Apple but no feedback from them.
Follow these steps to test:
1. Open Settings and toggle Reduced Motion On and then launch Control Center
2. Close and open Settings app
3. Toggle Off Reduced Motion and then again On, Close Settings app
4. Launch Control Center and you will notice it's completely transparent with no blurring of the background

The fix I found so far is in Step 3. when you toggle Off Reduced Motion and then launch Control Center before toggling Reduced Motion On again, Control Center retains its blurred background.

I have tested this on iPhone 5S with 11.4 and it's repeatable every time. Please check if it's fixed in 11.4.1

PatrikCoC

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
You see this kind of graphical bugs after updating but a restart fixes it

Clash Royale brightness bug fixed

Tested Clash Royale, it is still lagging with low brightness.

What I did: Installed 11.4.1 beta 3. Rebooted by device. Opened Clash Royale with about 50% brightness. Went to Card Collection but nowhere else. Applied 0 brightness. Enjoyed 20FPS stuttering while scrolling.

Same with the screenshot lag: Applied higher (about 50%) brightness, took a screenshot and enjoyed 20FPS stuttering for a few seconds.

As for the folder glitch I mentioned, it is still here.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Haha ok. I think you can tell in a few hours if it fixes it or not. I’m tracking losing a percentage point approx every minute on 11.4 so if it’s not doing that then it’s promising!
Not necessarily as devices can often perform somewhat differently at least for a bit after installing an update. Usually you want to go with at least a few charge cycles (and thus a few days typically) to have a decent overall idea (vs. a quick anecdotal one that can change and might not really mean much).

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Tested Clash Royale, it is still lagging with low brightness.

What I did: Installed 11.4.1 beta 3. Rebooted by device. Opened Clash Royale with about 50% brightness. Went to Card Collection but nowhere else. Applied 0 brightness. Enjoyed 20FPS stuttering while scrolling.

Same with the screenshot lag: Applied higher (about 50%) brightness, took a screenshot and enjoyed 20FPS stuttering for a few seconds.

As for the folder glitch I mentioned, it is still here.

Did you OTA or iTunes update? What iPhone model? No issue here on my X and link below for vid
https://streamable.com/clknm

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Haha ok. I think you can tell in a few hours if it fixes it or not. I’m tracking losing a percentage point approx every minute on 11.4 so if it’s not doing that then it’s promising!

Err... I don't believe I've seen that kind of drain on iOS, ever. You might wanna wipe it and reinstall via iTunes. That being said, even I had the issue with iCloud Photos devouring my battery on 11.4, but it was nowhere near as fast as you say.

ddarko

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2007
Err... I don't believe I've seen that kind of drain on iOS, ever. You might wanna wipe it and reinstall via iTunes. That being said, even I had the issue with iCloud Photos devouring my battery on 11.4, but it was nowhere near as fast as you say.

I've also seen incredibly fast battery drain like bluecoast - I saw the battery indicator drop from 85% to 80% on my dad's iPhone as I was doing nothing more than swiping through the settings menu trying to troubleshoot this problem. Crazy. Fortunately, that rate of drain is atypical but the battery drain on his phone and my mom's iPhone have gone up significantly since 11.4. Their phones will drop 30% or more when left unplugged on the kitchen counter overnight. Before 11.4, the battery would drop anywhere from zero to 3%.

Last edited:

PatrikCoC

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
Did you OTA or iTunes update? What iPhone model? No issue here on my X and link below for vid
https://streamable.com/clknm

Hi,

As I mentioned, screen recording does fix the stuttering, so this is why yours doesnt stutter. Also, do not swipe anywhere else just to your card collection. I made a video in 60fps using my Pixel 2 XL so you can see this issue and reproduce like I did. I did an OTA from 11.4 stable to 11.4.1 b3 because you said it was fixed, so I was curious, but no. Then, I made a full restore to see that it is still laggy...

Here is the video where I reproduce it:

For the folder glitch, you are doing it slow plus only the bottom-middle folders are affected, no idea why.

Edit: Make sure to open it in 60fps else sou wont see the difference!

Last edited:

Kermetajb

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
@Banglazed initiating music playback on Apple Watch is partially fixed. I can now select music from my Apple Watch and have it play. However, I still cannot play an album via Siri on the Apple Watch (only an artist or song). If you could please add this to the list of remaining issues that would be great. Thankfully it looks like they are at least working on this. Thanks for maintaining these informative threads. Hopefully Apple takes note of these forums.

Reactions: Banglazed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.