Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

finchwizard

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2005
Australia
It feels a LOT slower on an iPhone X.
They've smoothed out transitions and animations significantly and feels smooth, but also feels like they've added a 0.5 longer delay on it, so overall it feels like it takes that split second longer to unlock and open apps and folders.

Reactions: dk001

axari

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
WTF... App Store error (Connot Connect to App Store) on 11.4.1, fresh install and setup as new but it didn't work.

IndigoQuack

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2005
Scotland
I had terrible problems with audio stuttering/jumping/cutting out on my phone (6S Plus - so by no means a slouch!) under previous versions of iOS11 and, if anything, it seemed to be exacerbated by the previous point update.

Don't want to speak too soon as it's still early days, but it seems that 11.4.1 has finally rectified this annoying quirk, which is good as I was starting to suspect that the hardware was on the way out. The whole OS does seem noticeably snappier too... glad they finally seem to have iOS11 sorted, just in time for 12!

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
I had terrible problems with audio stuttering/jumping/cutting out on my phone (6S Plus - so by no means a slouch!) under previous versions of iOS11 and, if anything, it seemed to be exacerbated by the previous point update.

Don't want to speak too soon as it's still early days, but it seems that 11.4.1 has finally rectified this annoying quirk, which is good as I was starting to suspect that the hardware was on the way out. The whole OS does seem noticeably snappier too... glad they finally seem to have iOS11 sorted, just in time for 12!
I agree, 11.4.1 seems noticeably snappier.
I think there’s more behind this ”small” update than what is known. Five betas and the system is completely different! I’d say this is by far the best version ever.
[doublepost=1531224171][/doublepost]
My X felt like an old device on 11.3.x and 11.4. 11.4.1 doesn’t have the lag/stutter like 11.4 did.
I agree. 11.4.1 is very smooth.

Reactions: usskywatch

Arni99

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Vienna, Austria
  • Toggle on and off Settings>Notification>FaceTime>Show as Banner will crash Settings app
This (long known) remaining issue should not occur in a release which is supposed to be one of the last if not the last one - shame on you Apple ;).
I consider this as a basic function and those should all have worked a long time ago....

Last edited:

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
I am waiting for 11.4.2 which should fix the battery issues
There is no battery issue related to iOS. You and everyone else ”thinking” there a an iOS problem that causes battery drain are wrong—there are millions of half crappy coded apps using all kinds of resources which drains the battery, and in 99 per cent of the cases that’s where the problem is.

But I’ll guess this topic will live forever...
[doublepost=1531240816][/doublepost]
I’ll say this. On iOS 11.4, I had a lot of lag and freezing. I’ve been on 11.4.1 for about 8 hours. Hasn’t happened once. Hope it stays this way.
I totally agree! I’ll happily use this version on my main iOS unit (iPhone X) until final version of iOS 12 is released.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
After so much time on 11.4.0, I can definitely see and feel the difference in performance in 11.4.1 on my 6 Plus. Things don’t seem as stuttery as before. Not sure on the battery yet.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Seems I already found a bug in the USB allow access when locked. I just plugged my iPhone into my Mac, and it, as expected, popped up the message to Unlock to use accessories. But, I thought Apple said this feature was going to allow charging? The phone is not charging from my Mac as it should.

It DOES charge when I plug it into a regular charger, though.

Does this mean we can't safely plug into "foreign" computers to charge our phones?
It does on some devices. Also if you unlock then plug into a foreign computer it should charge fine. More info:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208857

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
USB restricted mode doesn't charge the phone when it's locked for more than an hour even using the regular computer to which it was previously synced.
I wonder how does it make a distinction between USB connected to a wall charger and a computer port?

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
USB restricted mode doesn't charge the phone when it's locked for more than an hour even using the regular computer to which it was previously synced.
I wonder how does it make a distinction between USB connected to a wall charger and a computer port?
USB uses resistors to determine type and capability of ports.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Are the USB ports of the wall charger and a computer different? I guess voltage must be the same but current drawn could vary for both and that's why wall charger charges the iPhone faster compared to the computer USB port.

USB uses resistors to determine type and capability of ports.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
I’m still surprised how slick and smooth iOS 11.4.1 is. Apple must have had something real nice waiting for us in this (probably) last update for iOS 11. Maybe Apple decided to throw in some of the new fast iOS 12 code as a last minute surprise for us ;-)

Reactions: Weaves

aeronk

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2013
Any one else having wifi problems with this update? Ever since the update both my iPhones and iPad are having trouble refreshing pages in Safari, Facebook and the email app. All work perfectly through cellular connection but not Wifi. Seems to start off ok but then deteriorates over time.

Have reinstalled through iTunes restore (then added my backup, so not as new), also removed wifi account and re-establiched and I have reset settings but still having the problem.

A second iPad that was not updated is working ok on Wifi, so I assume it must be the update.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
Any one else having wifi problems with this update? Ever since the update both my iPhones and iPad are having trouble refreshing pages in Safari, Facebook and the email app. All work perfectly through cellular connection but not Wifi. Seems to start off ok but then deteriorates over time.

Have reinstalled through iTunes restore (then added my backup, so not as new), also removed wifi account and re-establiched and I have reset settings but still having the problem.

A second iPad that was not updated is working ok on Wifi, so I assume it must be the update.
No problems here what so ever (iPhone X and iPad Pro 12.9).

Reactions: aeronk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.