Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m.mojito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
Hi ! I'd to know how you guys are doing with 11.4.1 on the iPhone SE?(or 6s basically same thing) How's the battery life (mainly) and the performance is.

I'm currently running 10.3.3 on my SE (WAIT just hear me out) . The main reasons why I wanna upgrade to 11.4.1 is I want to record my screen and for the new control center. However I'm worried about battery life.

I'm reading mixed reviews from people . The battery life on my SE 10.3.3 ain't great like how everyone says it is ,its just ok I guess. But when I play PUBG it drains like CRAZY.

My usage normally consists a lot of YouTube,Music, PUBG for an hour or 2 and then Instagram/Whatsapp .

So if you guys could share your experience with 11.4.1 on the SE/6s, it'd be great!

Thanks!

rs0212

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
I regret updating my SE. Notifications suck and battery life not nearly as good. If I were you I'd wait until iOS 12.

radubraharu

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2018
Romania
I was happy with 11.4.1. But I am using iOS 12 beta (10 at the moment), and I am happier. You can wait 2 more weeks (or a little more) until 12 final will be released, it is an upgrade to 11.4.1 in terms of fluidity and battery. I am amazed with how long the battery lasts in the last beta

radubraharu

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2018
Romania
Maybe this is connected also with the fact that the battery is getting weaker in time. I bought a new iPhone SE a few months ago, and I am very happy with the battery on iOS 11. It came directly with 11.4.

I am not saying that iOS 10 was not better battery life. But maybe the differences aren’t that big

mykero

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2018
I’ve got the lastest update on my SE. The performance and battery life are much worse than ios 10.3.3 before

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Hi ! I'd to know how you guys are doing with 11.4.1 on the iPhone SE?(or 6s basically same thing) How's the battery life (mainly) and the performance is.

I'm currently running 10.3.3 on my SE (WAIT just hear me out) . The main reasons why I wanna upgrade to 11.4.1 is I want to record my screen and for the new control center. However I'm worried about battery life.

I'm reading mixed reviews from people . The battery life on my SE 10.3.3 ain't great like how everyone says it is ,its just ok I guess. But when I play PUBG it drains like CRAZY.

My usage normally consists a lot of YouTube,Music, PUBG for an hour or 2 and then Instagram/Whatsapp .

So if you guys could share your experience with 11.4.1 on the SE/6s, it'd be great!

Thanks!
Don’t update to iOS 11.. go directly to iOS 12... it’s as good as iOS 10.. and you won’t be dissapointed much.. yes battery life will reduce by an hour or so..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.