Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jockethebastard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
I installed iOS 11, set right AirPod to skip track and left for Siri. Downgraded to 10.3.3 and the double tap controls still work as it did in iOS 11. It doesn't show in the menu on the iPhone.

The AirPods are reborn with the use of controls like these.
Yes, I have AW but still wanted a way to skip tracks on the AirPods. It is so nice to double tap to skip, super fast and easy. Feels real natural, Siri does not.

Edit: The "skip track" -control also works as Play, very convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralfi and gemnilocs

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I installed iOS 11, set right AirPod to skip track and left for Siri. Downgraded to 10.3.3 and the double tap controls still work as it did in iOS 11. It doesn't show in the menu on the iPhone.

Yes, I have AW but still wanted a way to skip tracks on the AirPods. It is so nice to double tap to skip, super fast and easy. Feels real natural, Siri does not.
I'm a Siri pro ;) so having these two functions working in conjunction with each other will render me unstoppable.:D

jockethebastard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
I'm a Siri pro ;) so having these two functions working in conjunction with each other will render me unstoppable.:D

Siri in Swedish isn't that great. I have my hopes up for a smarter and more natural Siri. Didn't try Siri out at all when I had iOS 11 installed, feels quiet good to wait. :) Those AirPod features I could not wait for.

Hopefully a triple tap will come sometime in the future...

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007

Edit: The "skip track" -control also works as Play, very convenient.

Where are you finding these controls? In the AirPods settings on my iPhone (iOS 11 beta 2) I just have the same settings as in iOS 10.

aldoamry

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2017
my airpod cant work with ios 11,anyone cant help?already restart and update the airpods but the ios 11 features still not able

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.