Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH5620

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
Mx
ever since iOS 11 was released I've been having issues with Contact Names and my entire phone book. I deleted my device and reconnected. The phone book initially syncs, but after a few minutes the whole phone book disappears and all my numbers are left without contact names. Going into Phonebook, it is completely empty.. This is frustrating.. the car is a 2015 Acura TLX w/technology package. I've tried 11, 11.0.1 , 11.0.2 , 11.1 beta 1, 11.1 beta 2 and still having issues.

10.3.3 used to work flawlessly.

Reactions: Slbarkman

Slbarkman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
ever since iOS 11 was released I've been having issues with Contact Names and my entire phone book. I deleted my device and reconnected. The phone book initially syncs, but after a few minutes the whole phone book disappears and all my numbers are left without contact names. Going into Phonebook, it is completely empty.. This is frustrating.. the car is a 2015 Acura TLX w/technology package. I've tried 11, 11.0.1 , 11.0.2 , 11.1 beta 1, 11.1 beta 2 and still having issues.

I have 2017 RDX. Some times when I get a call, I see a name. Sometimes, just a number even when the number is in my phone’s contacts
[doublepost=1507872582][/doublepost]I have 2017 RDX. Some times when I get a call, I see a name. Sometimes, just a number even whenthe number is in my phone’s contacts

Reactions: lisielib

TH5620

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
Mx
Contacts dissapear from phonebook arter a couple of minutes Also recent calls just show up numbers not names eventought contacts syncing is enable on iPhone and car settings

pixelm

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2017
BMW X5. Connect my iphone X with bluetooth and the entire entertainment system resets and loses all its data. Restarting car does not fix the problem, nor does iphone reboot. My wife's iphone 7S on ios 11 works fine.

lisielib

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017

Have the same problem. You are not alone. Dont see an iphone update to correct it either and they are well aware of it.
[doublepost=1514747373][/doublepost]my comments are above. The incompatibility of recent IOS update (11)) and bluetooth in Honda Motor cars is annoying and should have been immediately addressed. Cant download phonebook and or use bluetooth so calling or answering requires physical possession of my phone. Everything worked perfectly before last update. Lesson here, dont update when everything already works well.

Slbarkman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
I have 2017 RDX. Some times when I get a call, I see a name. Sometimes, just a number even when the number is in my phone’s contacts
[doublepost=1507872582][/doublepost]I have 2017 RDX. Some times when I get a call, I see a name. Sometimes, just a number even whenthe number is in my phone’s contacts
Took people’s suggestions. Deleted all
Contact photos and made sure all phone numbers entered without leading 1. No problems now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.