Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjgrode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
So I have 2 unique iOS 11 bugs on my iPhone 7. I just wanted to see if anyone else is having these same issues or could offer any suggestions.

My first issue is with safari. Basically anytime I “search” using the address bar (google) the results take forever to load on both Verizon LTE or my 200mb fiber WiFi. As soon as the results load any link I click on works quickly and normal. Also if I don’t search using the address bar and just go to google.com it loads almost instantly.

My second issue is with the files app. On both my iPhone and iPad Pro I cannot save any type of file on the local storage. If I open a pdf or any other file I can save to Dropbox or iCloud within the files app but cannot use local storage.

Are any of you having similar issues?

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
My only issue is my USAA app. It makes my lte signal drop. It is fine on WiFi. This is on an 8. With my 6 the same app is fine.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
The TV app is an utter mess. Can’t load large movie files without rebooting, takes15-30 seconds to show downloaded
Content when in airplane mode but there is airplane WiFi.

Makes me want to stop buying Apple content. Netflix always works.

cjgrode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
The TV app is an utter mess. Can’t load large movie files without rebooting, takes15-30 seconds to show downloaded
Content when in airplane mode but there is airplane WiFi.

Makes me want to stop buying Apple content. Netflix always works.

I know. I’m on the fence with the Pixel 2 and trying to switch for a bit. It’s hard because I’ve been so loyal to apple because the hardware and software. Software had been iffy since iOS 7 imho

Reactions: BWhaler

LA_LEE

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2017
Los Angeles
I know. I’m on the fence with the Pixel 2 and trying to switch for a bit. It’s hard because I’ve been so loyal to apple because the hardware and software. Software had been iffy since iOS 7 imho

You are not alone. My current iPhone 7 will probably be my last Apple phone.

exterminator

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
I am noticing a lot of issues here and there. The UI is a bit cranky, the camera plays a lot... and i noticed that the Clock app no longer shows the 'second hand' moving in real time.

Edit: The hand does move but only after I restart the phone. it seems to get stuck a little while after.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWhaler

cjgrode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
I am noticing a lot of issues here and there. The UI is a bit cranky, the camera plays a lot... and i noticed that the Clock app no longer shows the 'second hand' moving in real time.

Edit: The hand does move but only after I restart the phone. it seems to get stuck a little while after.

Are you seeing the safari search bug a mentioned above?

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007
(iOS 11.0.1)

Cursor in the wrong place (Safari):

oops.png

Possibly an instance of the bug noted here?:

https://hackernoon.com/how-to-fix-the-ios-11-input-element-in-fixed-modals-bug-aaf66c7ba3f8

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Cursor in the wrong place and screen not scrolling up to make room for keyboard making it impossible to see what you are typing when posting on a website. Also my ipad 12.9 boggs down to where it isn’t touch responsive. I would reset and start from scratch except for my game statistics on game board.

FNG

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
My phone restarts after I get texts, but not every text - just my wife!

Safari is painfully slow on WiFi

Multiple dropped calls

Also multiple images/displays show up on the home screen at once when clicking home button to return to home screen

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
I've had the slow safari search issue probably since iOS9. It's really frustrating.

With iOS11, I've been having problems with audio playback. Sometimes when I'm listening to a podcast, the "now playing" panes in notification centre and control centre show that nothing is playing. Then when I hit play/pause on my headphones, it will stop the podcast and launch a random song from my music library.

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
Try Opening photos and selecting one to text. Painfully slow to get to the "New Message" Screen. And I took a few pics of some granite we are considering for our kitchen, one of them has the little bottom left box to send via text, mail , etc grayed out and cannot be forwarded to anyone.

exterminator

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Are you seeing the safari search bug a mentioned above?

I do not use Safari. But I tried it and did not see the problem you mentioned.

My phone restarts after I get texts, but not every text - just my wife!

Safari is painfully slow on WiFi

Multiple dropped calls

Also multiple images/displays show up on the home screen at once when clicking home button to return to home screen

I think your phone is trying to tell you something.

Reactions: Sharkoneau

sjcaro

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2017
Spotlight search for apps. Until iOS 11, I used Spotlight to find any app with the 2 inicial letters... now it is not working anymore. I have to type the entire app name exactly to show up, or search for the app in the app store and then open it from there...

If you activate the Siri search, Spotlight gets cluttered with lots of infos from inside the apps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.